Review of Snow Moon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: When Your Partner Dies by Millard Hiner

Review of Snow Moon

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Snow Moon" by Piper Duncan.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Snow Moon by Piper Duncan is a thrilling tale set in a high school filled with supernatural secrets. Follow siblings Seraphina and Steele as they navigate their newfound powers while uncovering family mysteries and encountering witches, vampires, and more. With themes of identity and loyalty, this captivating story explores the power of family bonds in the face of danger and uncertainty. This book contains elements that will keep you engaged throughout the reading.

In the dim school halls of Valiant High, where it's so dark you can barely see, Seraphina sneaks around like a stealthy cat. She's determined to sort out what's up with Mia, a mysterious girl who seems to have everyone under her spell. But just when Seraphina's about to leave, she hears a loud noise outside. She turns and sees Steele and his wild friends tearing through the parking lot on dirt bikes. Seraphina's heart starts pounding. She knows there's trouble brewing, but she has no idea just how much trouble she's about to get into. Little does she know, tonight holds some shocking surprises that will turn her world upside down.

One thing I like is the exciting story. For example, the protagonist, Seraphina, has special powers, and she gets caught up in all sorts of adventures with vampires, witches, and other supernatural beings. The story kept me interested because I never knew what was going to happen next. Also, the characters felt real—like people you might know. Seraphina is brave and determined, even when she's facing tough challenges. She's someone readers can root for and relate to. Finally, the writing style of this book is also really good. It's easy to understand, but it also paints a clear picture of what's happening. For example, when the author describes a scene, you can almost see it in your mind, like you're watching a movie. The pacing of the story is just right too, with exciting parts balanced out by quieter moments, and the editing of the book was brilliantly done without errors.

One thing I did not like about the book is that it can be a bit confusing at times. There are a lot of different supernatural creatures and powers, and it can be hard to keep track of everything that's going on. For example, when Seraphina discovers she has special abilities, it's not always clear how they work or where they come from. However, I will still give the book a full rating, five out of five stars, as what has been said is not enough to deduct a star. This book is suitable for readers who enjoy young adult fantasy novels with elements of supernatural and paranormal themes.

Snow Moon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Neelam Sheikh 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Neelam Sheikh 1 »

Snow Moon" by Flute player Duncan is a dazzling story that mixes components of secret, sentiment, and tension in a perfectly created account. Set against the background of a little, snow-shrouded town, the story follows hero Jane as she disentangles the insider facts covered profound inside her family's ancestry.

Duncan's exposition is rich with distinctive depictions, actually moving perusers to the air setting of the story. From the frigid chill of the colder time of year scene to the comfortable insides of interesting lodges, each scene is rejuvenated with vivid detail. The writer's talented utilization of symbolism makes a substantial feeling of pressure and expectation, keeping perusers enthusiastically turning the pages.

The characters in "Snow Moon" are unpredictably drawn and multi-layered, each with their own inspirations and mysteries. Jane, specifically, is an engaging and convincing hero, whose excursion of self-revelation is both impactful and enabling. As she dives further into her family's past, she reveals long-covered bits of insight that challenge her discernments and power her to defy the haziness hiding underneath the outer layer of her untainted old neighborhood.

One of the original's most prominent assets is its capacity to keep perusers speculating until the end. The plot is loaded with startling exciting bends in the road, keeping the tension levels high all through. Duncan marvelously winds around together numerous storylines, ably assembling pressure and tension with each new disclosure.

In general, "Snow Moon" is an entrancing perused that will engage enthusiasts of secret and sentiment the same. With its convincing characters, climatic setting, and holding plot, it's a book that is hard to put down. I would provide it with a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

This review provides a positive assessment of "Snow Moon" by Piper Duncan. It praises the exciting plot, relatable characters, and engaging writing style. Although the book can be confusing with its supernatural elements, the reviewer still gives it a full five-star rating. Overall, it appears to be a good read for fans of young adult fantasy with supernatural themes.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

I might be old for this kind of story but this novel seems well-constructed with well-developed characters and a movie-like plot, so it's a must-read if you like young adult fantasy. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Kristin Cowan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Get Out of My Bed by Shirley Wooten Rose

Post by Kristin Cowan »

Sounds like Sabrina or Wednesday!
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

Thank you for your valuable insights about this book. You've explained about the book very well. I'll definitely add this to my reading list

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”