Review of The Stylite

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Isaac Oh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaac-oh.html
Latest Review: What I Hear When God Speaks by Allen J Brown Jr

Review of The Stylite

Post by Isaac Oh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Stylite" by Shane Hallawa.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Stylite by Shane Hallawa falls into the adult/young adult category with an action/adventure/fantasy genre. Teresa Amadei, dealing with the loss of her mother and unresolved family conflicts, undergoes a transformative journey guided by Father Simon. Her quest to reach the city of refuge, Alexantine, in the Midwest involves many challenges and battles. Accompanied by her cousin Matthew and the mysterious Saracen, Teresa faces both external and internal challenges. Will Teresa be able to conquer the external and internal challenges that befall her? Find out in "The Stylite" by Shane Hallawa.

The book skillfully portrays Teresa Amadei's transformative journey, effortlessly weaving together elements of martial arts and mysticism and incorporating concepts from Christianity, Zoroastrianism, and Islam. While not intended for evangelization, proselytization, or conversion, it invites readers to immerse themselves in the characters and adventures as they unfold.

I appreciate the author's approach of first explaining the intricate themes and concepts associated with the book before delving into the story, especially considering that many terms may not be commonly known. Additionally, the inclusion of pictures throughout the book adds a visual element that enhances understanding, making it easier to connect with the times and surroundings of the stylites beyond the written descriptions.

I could barely find a thing to dislike about this book because of how detailed and well-explained it was, but I would have appreciated it more if the language of the Daemoklos were written expressly in English because I felt it made the book bulkier. However, I found no grammatical errors while reading through this book; hence, it was exceptionally edited.

I will rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because I like how detailed it is. The author did a great job explaining every detail, from the weapons to the armor to what each character represents in the book. Also, the story plot was very engaging to read.

I recommend "The Stylite" by Shane Hallawa to readers who enjoy adult or young adult fantasy novels with a blend of action and adventure. If you appreciate narratives that delve into complex characters, martial arts, and mystical elements, this book is an engaging choice. Fans of demon hunting and transformative journeys will find the storyline captivating.

The Stylite
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging fantasy novel that also dwelves into important issues that go far beyond adventure mixing it with introspective stuff. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Christabel nmeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-nmeso.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christabel nmeso »

The depth of the story and the way it intertwines different cultural and religious elements is fascinating. It's great to hear that the author took the time to clarify complex themes, and the visual aids seem like a thoughtful touch.
Ringle Nashak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ringle-nashak.html
Latest Review: The Kovalenko Secret by Philip L Rettew

Post by Ringle Nashak »

It's great to hear that the author took the time to clarify complex themes, and the visual aids seem like a thoughtful touch.
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

Thrilled to dive into "The Stylite" for its masterful blend of action, adventure, and fantasy, exploring deep themes across multiple religions with an engaging plot and rich, detailed storytelling.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

Thank you for your valuable insights about this book. You've explained about the book very well. I'll definitely add this to my reading list.
Rohith Kumar Pakala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohith-kumar-pakala.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rohith Kumar Pakala »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book. Great information is given by you about the book, thank you for that.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”