Review of The Summerland

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: The Tainted Jade by Richard Blaine

Review of The Summerland

Post by Veronica Hunter »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Summerland" by Matian Ellis.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Summerland by Matian Ellis is a science fiction tale that tells the story of a massive alien object penetrating through the Earth's atmosphere to crash into the North Pacific Ocean. The crash landing of this alien monstrosity, which is later discovered to be an alien ship, into the Earth's oceans causes a shift in the Earth's balance, leading to the occurrence of several natural disasters and flooding, which caused several islands to be submerged underwater. The death toll is in the millions and is rising every day. It's a disaster on a global level that has never been seen before, and the United Coalition of Sovereign Nations coordinates efforts to solve this crisis. A project named Project Epimetheus is set up to go to this alien ship, now called the Summerland, after the first explorer who boarded the ship. Project Epimetheus is humanity's response to this alien ship. Will they be able to save the earth from being overwhelmed and preserve mankind from extinction?

In The Summerland, the author creates a beautiful story in which we get to see heroes who are ready to do what it takes to carry out their mission and save the planet from destruction. The alien ship that gave rise to the nickname "Summerland" among humans serves as the focal point of the narrative, and while the team is on an expedition to explore the ship, they must also contend with political intrigues surrounding the mission.

Doctor Addison Kennedy is the character who captivates me the most in the book. Her intelligence, courage to challenge authority, and ability to persuade others with reason make the story truly compelling. Additionally, her willingness to take risks for the project's success adds depth to her character. While the book features multiple characters, Addison is the one I find most engaging, particularly in her dialogue. Another intriguing character is Ava, whose humor, intelligence, and wit contribute to the book's enjoyment.

Despite my overall enjoyment of the book, there were a few aspects that didn't quite meet my expectations. Some of the characters' resolutions were a bit disappointing, as I had hoped they would have a more central role in the story's progression. However, I want to give full credit to the author for crafting such a wonderful and engaging story. Furthermore, I must commend the editor for the meticulous work, as the book was free of any errors.

This book deserves a solid 5 out of 5 stars. Its storyline is truly exceptional, gripping me from beginning to end. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and would highly recommend it to any science fiction enthusiast, particularly those who appreciate stories about alien invasions on Earth. This book is worth your time, as it encompasses all the essential elements of a fantastic science fiction novel and more.

The Summerland
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Caroline Tama
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Caroline Tama »

The storyline is exceptional. I enjoyed reading it, and would recommend it to any science fiction enthusiast, those who appreciate stories about alien invasions on earth.
Vinay Penubothu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinay-penubothu.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Vinay Penubothu »

Thank you for your detailed review! Your insights have piqued my interest, and I'm excited to dive into the book. Your review convinced me it's a must-read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - they've inspired me to explore further.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a great novel for readers who appreciate catastrophic stories, even better if they like them with alien as the cause of the catastrophe. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Biswajit Barman 1
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 91
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Biswajit Barman 1 »

While the book delivers a gripping story line and well-developed characters, some aspects may fall short of readers' expectations. Certain character resolutions may feel somewhat lacking in depth, leaving room for further exploration and development. these minor shortcomings do not detract significantly from the overall enjoyment of the novel.
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-gye.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Timothy Gye »

I appreciate the thorough review! Your analysis piqued my interest, and I'm looking forward to reading the book. Your review has convinced me that it is important reading. Thank you for sharing your thoughts; they have inspired me to look deeper into the book.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

Thank you for your valuable insights about this book. You've explained about the book very well. I'll definitely add this to my reading list
Rohith Kumar Pakala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohith-kumar-pakala.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rohith Kumar Pakala »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book. Great information is given by you about the book, thank you for that.
Dani Elle Ele
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

This appears to be an intriguing book for readers who enjoy stories of catastrophe, especially with aliens as the instigators. Your excellent review is much appreciated.
Williams Nnodim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Williams Nnodim »

"The Summerland" by Matian Ellis depicts a catastrophic alien crash that triggers global disasters. As humanity scrambles to respond with Project Epimetheus, the fate of Earth and mankind hangs in the balance.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”