Review of Smuggler's Guilt

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1663
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Resurgence by R.M. Barrett
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Review of Smuggler's Guilt

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Smuggler's Guilt" by T.D. Wilson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

T.D. Wilson’s Smuggler’s Guilt is a science fiction adventure novella. Reese Daniels is a smuggler, businessman, and lauded hero after saving a group of Marine cadets from alien bugs. Despite being a hero, Reese is in an isolation cell, and the government confiscated his ship. Sergeant Greywalker enters the room and interrogates him. Reese demands his attorney, but then rethinks the approach; he is not on good terms with his attorney after sleeping with her competition. Sergeant Greywalker tells him that Arlen, the lead marine cadet, advised her that he knew Heinrich and Uri. The two men are members of the notorious Almora cartel. 

Regina Becker forces Reese to take three detonation triggers that Gideon Almora wanted. Regina’s intelligence seems sketchy, and Reese stops his ship until she gives him the entire plan and situation. The triggers belong to bombs that are missing. Inside Gideon’s compound, Gideon and his niece, Irina, welcome Reese. Gideon’s sister terrifies him with her cybernetic body and growls; Gideon’s son doesn’t seem happy to see Reese either. Shocking Reese, Irina betrays her uncle.

This novella is a fast read, with action on every page. Reese’s character development is exceptional, and his thoughts are relatable. His witty remarks make the dialogue feel natural. Jacob seemed unhinged. The details for Ulinda made me picture a cross between a gorilla and a human with a metal body. Regina and Greywalker knew how to manipulate Reese; he didn’t make the choice to help them as much as he had to.

I have nothing negative to say about Smuggler’s Guilt. Using a person who is, technically, a criminal to bring down a cartel is intriguing. The justification for using Reese is logical. An unpredictable plot had enough detail to envision each moment. Therefore, I rate Smuggler’s Guilt five out of five stars. The book is professionally edited.

Readers who like intergalactic adventure stories will find this book appealing. There is some profanity and violent content that would be inappropriate for young readers. 

Smuggler's Guilt
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

You've explained very well about the book and you have mentioned the content of the book very nicely. I'll definitely start reading this book.
Biswajit Barman 1
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 91
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Biswajit Barman 1 »

The plot of 'Smuggler's Guilt' is filled with twists and turns, keeping readers on the edge of their seats until the very end. From daring heists to double-crosses and betrayals, the story is packed with action and suspense, making it a thrilling read from start to finish.
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

I am very much awaited to read this book, Your review motivated me to read this book ASAP. The way you inculcated the details of the book in a very clear manner is impressive. Thank you
Daniel Chigozie ANI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-chigozie-ani.html
Latest Review: LaBlance Fish Tales Two by Peter F LaBlance

Post by Daniel Chigozie ANI »

Fact of life everyone needs to understand what he or she is getting his/herself into, if is for good and for what purpose, but smuggling should not be the only way, because u maybe cut short on the Art.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

The introduction of Reese Daniels as a multifaceted character — a smuggler, businessman, and lauded hero — sets an intriguing premise. You appreciates the character development, finding Reese's thoughts relatable and his witty remarks contributing to natural and engaging dialogue. The mention of other characters, such as Jacob, Ulinda, Regina, and Greywalker, adds to the richness of the narrative.
NetMassimo
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a really entertaining space adventure with funny characters who find themselves in complicated situations that are often unpredictable. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: The Mothers
Bookshelf Size: 2401
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I guess criminals have the inside knowledge to turn into heroes if they decide. It's kind of the story behind the movie "Catch Me If You Can," minus alien bugs, of course.
Great review!
Saliha Hussain
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful In Life
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saliha-hussain.html
Latest Review: The Transcendental Tangle: Untying the Enigmatic Knots of the Infinite by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by Saliha Hussain »

An adventure science fiction novella is Smuggler's Guilt by T.D. Wilson. After he saved a bunch of Marine cadets from extraterrestrial bugs, Reese Daniels became a renowned hero, businessman, and smuggler. Reese is a hero, but he's in an isolation cell after his spacecraft was seized by the authorities. He is questioned by Sergeant Greywalker when she enters the room. Reese wants his lawyer, then changes his mind because he doesn't get along with him after he had an affair with her rival.I am eager to start reading this book, and your review encouraged me to do so right now. It's impressive how well you were able to convey the book's details. I'm grateful.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”