Review of Create Destruction

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Fleeting Moments by Michelle da Silva Richmond

Review of Create Destruction

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Create Destruction" by Ryan A. Kovacs.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Create Destruction is a work of fiction written in verse and authored by Ryan A. Kovacs. Dr. Larson is conducting experiments on Thomas, a twelve-year-old boy who is known as the human bomb. The purpose of these experiments is to create a human bomb that Dr. Larson can use at his discretion. It is anticipated that he will disclose his findings to the government, which is providing financing for these tests; yet, the mystery remains. How successful will Dr. Larson be?

I have to say that reading the story in verse was an interesting way to do so. Surprisingly, the verses did not feel disruptive in any way, and they made the story significantly simpler to follow and comprehend. This narrative touches on a wide range of subjects, like radiation, cancer, torture, being employed in the military, and many others.

Not only did the author manage to keep my interest from the very first page, but he also managed to keep me on the edge of my seat. Furthermore, the author was able to successfully make me feel as though I was inside the head of the character and experienced what he was experiencing, which is something that I enjoy and prefer in books. What I really liked about the book was how the author went into great detail about the emotions and the explanations he made for each struggle.

I gave this book a perfect score of five out of five stars because there was nothing about it that I found bad. The writing style was unique, and it was engaging enough that I developed a preference for it after I had the opportunity to experience it. Due to the fact that I did not discover any errors inside the book, I am also of the opinion that the editing was done perfectly.

People who enjoy reading pieces that are well written and who are not bothered by a short narrative in which the major subject of the story is destruction, as well as readers who enjoy experiencing the emotions that the characters are experiencing, are the ones I would recommend this book to.

Create Destruction
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

The subject matter of this book is very interesting to me. A child with unique powers and a scientist intent on keeping something from the government would keep me entertained. I am concerned about its non-traditional writing style, though. I might have to give it a try anyway. Thanks!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

The themes developed in this book are interesting but I'm afraid it's too difficult for me to appreciate a work in verses written in a language that's not my primary language. Regardless, thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Biswajit Barman 1
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 91
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Biswajit Barman 1 »

"Create Destruction" by Ryan A. Kovacs is a gripping work of fiction told in verse, offering a unique and compelling narrative that delves into themes of experimentation, morality, and the human psyche. The story follows Dr. Larson's experiments on Thomas, a twelve-year-old boy dubbed the "human bomb," as he seeks to create a weapon for his own purposes.
Mehdi Hussaini
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mehdi Hussaini »

"Create Destruction" by Ryan A. Kovacs is a thrilling dive into the world of technological warfare and ethical dilemmas. Kovacs crafts a gripping narrative filled with twists and turns, keeping readers on the edge of their seats from start to finish. The protagonist's journey from idealistic inventor to reluctant weapon creator is both compelling and morally complex, raising important questions about the responsibility of scientists and engineers in the modern age. The action-packed scenes are well-executed, immersing readers in a high-stakes battle between innovation and destruction. However, the pacing occasionally feels uneven, with some sections dragging while others race by. Additionally, certain character motivations could have been more fully explored to add depth to the story. Despite these minor flaws, "Create Destruction" is a thought-provoking read that offers a sobering look at the potential consequences of unchecked technological advancement.
Saliha Hussain
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful In Life
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saliha-hussain.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Saliha Hussain »

Author Ryan A. Kovacs is the author of the verse novel Create Destruction. Dr. Larson is using twelve-year-old Thomas, also referred to as the "human bomb," as a subject in his studies. These experiments are meant to produce a human bomb that Dr. Larson can use as he pleases. The government is funding these tests, therefore it is expected that he will report his results to them; nonetheless, the enigma still stands. To what extent will Dr. Larson succeed?
I will read it to find the answer.
Seetha E
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: The Reverend Psychopath by Dr Andrew Rynne

Post by Seetha E »

First, in the destruction series by the author, this is an intriguing premise. It makes me wonder what inspired the plot. The verses part did bother me. Sampling a few pages on Amazon has cleared the air. What I read was not complicated.
Amazing review. I am adding to my TBR.
Thanks!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”