Review of Queen of the Flies

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 339
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Review of Queen of the Flies

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Queen of the Flies" by Sophie Kensington.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A group of schoolgirls were on a flight when a storm suddenly crashed the plane, and they found themselves on an isolated island. It was only them and their pilot, Frank. Things started out fine, and everyone tried to do what they could to figure things out. However, facing death and the need for survival have brought out surprising behaviors. People started to have different opinions and approaches to facing what they had to deal with. Characteristics like violence, selfishness, leadership, division, and many more contradictions started to take over. You can grab Queen of the Flies by Sophie Kensington to see what happens to the group and how human nature can be surprising under certain circumstances.

I like how the book sheds light on the severe changes that might happen to people when they're in a survival mood. It shows that things can change rapidly and drastically. It touches the core of human beings away from the civil world we live in right now. The telling of the story was fast, and things moved quickly because the focus was mainly on this concept.

The layout of the book was excellent for me. I liked the short, consecutive chapters. It gave the book a quick rhythm and gave me a good amount of expectation that I needed as a personal preference. The book received exceptional editing. I didn't notice any errors or mistakes. The story stays basic, with no strong plots or a modern idea. Therefore, I rate Queen of the Flies by Sophie Kensington four out of five stars.

The book is a reinterpretation of the book "Lord of the Flies." I didn't read it myself. So, I judged the story based solely on this book. I believe the book suits people who aren't looking for a huge, dramatic read with a strong plot. It also might interest people who have read the original book and would like to see what the writer did here.

Queen of the Flies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

Knowing the plot of Lord of the Flies, the inspiration for this version with "mean girls" seems qite obvious. I'm curious to see similarities and differences between the two stories. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Biswajit Barman 1
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 91
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Biswajit Barman 1 »

"Queen of the Flies" by Sophie Kensington is a gripping tale that delves into the complexities of human nature when faced with the harsh realities of survival. Set against the backdrop of a plane crash that leaves a group of schoolgirls stranded on an isolated island, the story explores the profound changes that occur as they grapple with the need for survival.
Saliha Hussain
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful In Life
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saliha-hussain.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Saliha Hussain »

Sophie Kensington's engrossing story "Queen of the Flies" explores the intricacies of humanity in the face of tough living constraints. The novel examines the deep transformations that take place as a group of schoolgirls struggle to survive against the backdrop of a plane catastrophe that leaves them stranded on a remote island. I love survival-based books and movies. I think I would love to read it. Thanks for an amazing review.
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: On the Trail of the Unseen by Lynne Armstrong-Jones
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

I'm curious to read " Queen of the Flies". Surviving a plane catastrophe, anyway is not such an original story to write about. I already seen it in many movies, books, and TV series. Thanks for the great review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”