Review of Brief First Encounter

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 339
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Review of Brief First Encounter

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Brief First Encounter" by Thomas Miezejeski.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Humans have always wondered if there was life beyond our planet and have sought to look for such a life and explore the possibilities of other worlds with all their forces. They look with curiosity and fear at the same time. We don't know what the possible effects of a connection with another life outside our planet could be or what the consequences could be. Brief First Encounter by Thomas Miezejeski is a fictional book that discusses the possibility of discovering life on another planet through being contacted by this planet in a way that wasn't expected. This communication led to instant procedures and discussions at very high levels on earth to study the possibilities of what could come and how to be prepared.

I liked the idea of the book and how it led me to think about many things and possibilities. I believe the best thing a book can do is get you to use your mind to form your own opinions and ideas after receiving what's in it. I liked how it drew my attention to many details that can be related to sudden technological improvements and the various methods of communication we have these days.

Unfortunately, although the idea of the book is good and well executed, the editing of the book needs a lot of work. There were a good number of grammatical mistakes and errors that affected my experience negatively. In addition, the sentences were too long, which made them sometimes confusing and increased the possibility of grammatical mistakes. I believe this can be easily fixed through some rounds of series editing to get the book out the way it deserves.

The book was entertaining and mind-opening. I liked the details and possibilities it discussed. I would like people to get a better-edited version of the book to avoid the difficulties this one gave me. Therefore, I rate Brief First Encounter by Thomas Miezejeski three out of five stars. The book suits people who are interested in other lives on other planets and would like to see a visualization of what it would be like to have contact with another planet.

Brief First Encounter
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

Thank you for your valuable insights about this book. You've explained about the book very well. I'll definitely add this to my reading list.
Saliha Hussain
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful In Life
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saliha-hussain.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Saliha Hussain »

This review of "Brief First Encounter" offers insightful reflections on the book's exploration of the possibility of life beyond our planet. The reader appreciates the thought-provoking ideas presented but notes concerns about the editing quality, which impacted their overall experience. Despite this, they acknowledge the book's entertainment value and its appeal to those interested in extraterrestrial life. Overall, it's a fair and balanced review that provides helpful feedback for potential readers.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This novel offers some food for thought about a subject I find fascinating such as the first contact with aliens and its consequences, so I hope the author does more editing to develop it to its fullest. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”