Review of The Underground Faith of God's Multiverse

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: Heart and Harmony: Poetic Reflections on Legendary Singers by Archie Luper

Review of The Underground Faith of God's Multiverse

Post by Obc Contentor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Underground Faith of God's Multiverse" by Tim Ferguson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Underground Faith of God’s Multiverse by Tim Ferguson and Illustrations by Jose Carlos Gutierrez is a fiction story beginning in a distant future, 2033, and covering several years ahead. The story begins with a member of an astronomy team who was using a telescope to scan the night sky, searching for the possibility that humans are not alone in the universe. Nayla was at Search Quest with her colleague, Jared Santana, carrying out the research together. The result of their findings was four rings of light lined up, one behind another, and coming toward the telescope screen. Upon landing finally on the telescope screen, each ring of light turned into coded figures, containing numbers and the word ‘underground.’ Nayla recorded their discovery, and she argued with Jared about where the codes must have come from and what message they could be holding for the world. The next is providence and chance on Nayla's side, which push her into other bit-by-bit discoveries that lead her to get a book, The Chest of Visions, in a library, which made her unravel a significant message hidden in the code in the form of a story of other worlds in a parallel position to ours, Caperston/Romas, which tells the future of the earth. The story of Caperston/Romas makes sense of how Christianity originated. Also, this book proves that there is not just one universe but multiverses, giving the example that there are universes like Caperston and Romas that lie in a parallel universe to our earth. Events in these universes foretell what the future of the earth holds, and Nayla is eager to know.

There are lots of morals and values of good conduct that can be learned in this book. These include the values of forgiveness, togetherness, community cooperation, and the offering of help. This is one quality that made me love this book for its impact. This book opened my eyes to how mysterious our world could be. I have heard and read about the existence of other worlds, but not from the perspective from which this book explained it. I came to contemplate the possibility that each individual on earth has a living counterpart in another universe with the same destinies but different processes to evolve. The book gives an account of people we have read about in history, such as Constantine, Polycarp, Emperor Nero, James the Just, etc. In the story of Caperston/Romas that Nayla read in a book she got from a library, these ancient icons have their counterparts who lived similar lives to them and had similar destinies. As Nayla contemplated whether there was probably a counterpart who could be living her life elsewhere, I also did the same while reading the book.

The writing tone is good, as it sounds gentle and soft and befits the setting in which the book is set. Another thing I love about this book is the interesting adventures that feature paranormal conditions, like reading about how Gabby carried King Marcius' flies. I don't have anything to criticize in this book because I don't have an objective reason to do so. I found some typos, but they did not affect my comprehension of the texts. For the book's originality and for being able to achieve its aim of passing the promised message across, I will rate the book 5 out of 5 stars.

Readers would be shocked at how the book presents forgiveness; it made me stop reading and think if I also need to forgive people to get the advantages the book preached about for those who are able to pray for the ability to forgive anyone who has offended them. I'm recommending the book to lovers of historical fiction and the story of the post-apocalypse.

The Underground Faith of God's Multiverse
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”