Review of The Metareverse

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Review of The Metareverse

Post by Mary Clarkee »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Metareverse" by A. S. G..]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Metareverse by A. S. G. is a thought-provoking book that explores the dangers of excessive social media use and the impact it can have on individuals and their relationships. Through relatable characters and engaging storytelling. Themes of addiction, family dynamics, and the blurred lines between the virtual world and reality were also discussed in the book. This is a book that will trigger us to reflect on our use of social media.

This book follows the story of George, a young man whose life revolves around his online presence. Obsessed with social media and validation from strangers, George becomes increasingly isolated from his family and reality. His online activities lead to conflicts within his family, particularly with his sister, Mar. As tensions rise, George's addiction to social media deepens, causing further damage to his relationships. However, when a series of unexpected events unfold, George is forced to confront the consequences of his actions and the true nature of his virtual world. As the story unfolds, I am left wondering whether George will be able to break free from his online prison and reconnect with his family, or if he will be consumed by the digital abyss forever. Let’s see what becomes of him.

This book talks about the dangers of excessive reliance on social media and virtual reality. This is a challenge faced by most people today, as socialization and human interaction are being dragged into the mud. And one positive of this book is its relatable portrayal of George's struggles with online addiction. Many readers will find themselves empathizing with George's desire for validation and his increasing isolation from real-life interactions. The writing style used in this book is straightforward to follow, making it accessible to readers of all ages and backgrounds. The simple language allows the story to flow smoothly, keeping readers engaged from start to finish. Additionally, the use of descriptive language helps paint vivid pictures of the characters and their surroundings, making it easy for readers to connect to the story.

I had a problem with the pacing of the book, as it was slow at times, especially in the middle sections where the narrative focuses heavily on George's online interactions. Also, I did not come across any errors while reading, and this made me rate this book five out of five stars. This boo well edited and I recommend it too anyone interested in technology and its impact on society.

The Metareverse
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

I hope this novel doesn't depict the whole Internet by the negative use made by a part of its users, often looking for some interaction when they can't find it in their physical environment. Still, it contains some valid points concerning problems connected especially to social media. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: On the Trail of the Unseen by Lynne Armstrong-Jones
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

Social media are a very important part of recent generations, they have many positive aspects but, at the same time, they comport some risks. The risk of living a "mediatic life" out of family and friends, instead of a normal one, is one of the most important. Thanks for your detailed review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”