Review of Unit 52

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shiru Elizabeth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiru-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: From Flames to Valor by Jose L Berrios

Review of Unit 52

Post by Shiru Elizabeth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Unit 52" by Warren Barrow.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Warren Barrow's Unit 52 is an excellent essay about the huge Hadron Collider and its possible impact on the global community. Gene, a broker, is an ordinary American who works, hangout with friends, and returns home at the end of the day. He lost his best friend Tyler in an incident, and as a result, he started to feel anxious about leaving his apartment. One day, a physicist working on the huge Hadron collider named Ian Hamilton sent him a parcel from his storage unit. Will Gene be able to prevent the massive Hadron Collider's harmful effects on the globe with the aid of this package? Will he be able to try saving the world and get out of his apartment? To find out, read this fantastic novel by Warren Barrow.

This is an incredible book on the history of the massive Hadron Collider and the unfavorable consequences that would have resulted from its successful endeavor. They brought up the issue of Robert Oppenheimer's atomic weapon and how millions of people were killed by it. Physician Ian Hamilton emphasized that the project has to be stopped in order to avoid causing the same kind of disaster that the Manhattan project did. I really enjoyed how the author told the tale; it was very thorough and made sense of the events that occurred throughout Gene's voyage.

The book's storyline and flow were unaffected by the few inaccuracies I found in it, despite the fact that I still enjoyed reading it. It will be a fantastic read with a little editing from the editing staff. Aside from the mistakes, this book is fine, in my opinion.

The book was quick and thrilling to read, which is why I gave it five out of five stars. I was eagerly awaiting each new chapter in the book since I found them to be so fascinating. The vocabulary wasn't overly complicated and was easily understood. Anyone who likes a good fictitious short read should read this book, in my opinion. It will undoubtedly please them. 

Unit 52
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

I have to say that the idea behind this novel is too close to conspiracy theories to appreciate it, also considering that the Large Hadron Collider has been working for years now, damaging only conspiracy theorists. Regardless, thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: On the Trail of the Unseen by Lynne Armstrong-Jones
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

Thanks for your review, this looks to be a very interesting book. I will add to my must-read.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”