Review of Primitives of Kar

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Melvis Okoye
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melvis-okoye.html
Latest Review: Primitives of Kar by Dennis K. Hausker

Review of Primitives of Kar

Post by Melvis Okoye »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Primitives of Kar" by Dennis K. Hausker.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Primitives of Kar by Dennis K. Hausker is an interesting fictional narrative that talks about a primitive region of the globe. Chaos broke out in the summer camp of a tribe as girls were kidnapped and elders killed. After a futile search and the acquisition of useful advice, the victimised tribe set out to forge alliances to prepare for war against who they deemed their greatest foe. Their different journeys in the course of gaining alliances were filled with captivating and heart-wrenching dangers, with quite interesting success at one point or another.

After recording great success in forging great alliances, the barbarians and the lowlanders overpowered their terrible foe, but a greater foe sprung up just in time, whom they had no chance against as they were primitive while their enemy was advanced. Now that they are befallen by a greater threat, what shall become of the primitive inhabitants of the northern continent? What became the fate of the initially kidnapped girls? Grab a copy of this book to find out.

I like many aspects of this book. First of all, I appreciate the author's craftiness in creating such an interesting narrative. The storyline showed as much as it said. The author’s play of words depicted professionalism. The character development is another aspect that the author did exceptionally well in. Each character was given a profound background, just enough to flow with them. The verbial depictions of the settlements, the battles, and the adventures are top-notch. The narrative appeared so real in every aspect and seemed very credible, unlike in some fictional storylines.

I dislike only one aspect of this book. The narrative was quite long, but that was understandable, as it was necessary since the author didn't put his focus solely on the adventure aspect of the book. He inculcated the personal lives and cultures of the characters into the narrative, increasing the spectrum of themes the book portrayed. The book portrayed themes of love, fear, doggedness, victory, satisfaction, and probably more than I fail to mention. I noticed only two errors in this book, which showed that it was professionally edited.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars for the reasons I mentioned above. The length of the narrative is not enough reason to make me remove one star, for the length of the book has credible justification. I recommend this book to readers who enjoy adventurous narratives that include themes of love, fear, doggedness, and victory.

Primitives of Kar
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Citadel
Bookshelf Size: 430
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 43%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging novel that mixes adventure with important themes. World-building and characters are other strengths of this story. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Baggett Yori
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baggett-yori.html
Latest Review: The Truth Is Beyond Belief! by Jerry Durr

Post by Baggett Yori »

Your review provides valuable insights into "Primitives of Kar" by Dennis K. Hausker.
Baggett Yori
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baggett-yori.html
Latest Review: The Truth Is Beyond Belief! by Jerry Durr

Post by Baggett Yori »

Your review provides a comprehensive overview of "Primitives of Kar" by Dennis K. Hausker, highlighting its strengths and one minor drawback.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”