Review of Crucible of the Damned

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony Ekemezie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ekemezie.html
Latest Review: Crucible of the Damned by Jason Brookshier

Review of Crucible of the Damned

Post by Anthony Ekemezie »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Crucible of the Damned" by Jason Brookshier.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Cadet Lykos was good in war games but not so good in spirituality. Since his first day at the Crucible, other Cadets have known not to mess with him, especially by bringing up ill conversations concerning his father. He considered himself different from the lot, and Mr. Ambrose took a special liking to him.

The Crucible was a place where the American military trained students for war. Things were going on normally for Paul Lykos with the training and battles, until his team needed one more cadet or they got disbanded. It was at that time that the idea of having a demon as a teammate began. This was an experiment to see how well humans and demons can work together, but it seems a lot of people wanted to see it fail. Do you think a demon can show care to a human without betrayal? Even if this idea worked, the Cadets were nowhere near prepared for the war. It seems that the chain of command has been infiltrated. Could this be the work of demons or power-hungry humans?

The author’s writing style was engaging and descriptive, his choice of words made the storyline grasping and a thrill for readers. I could envision most of the scenes that were talked about. As the story unfolded, the author meticulously released bits of information about the mysteries surrounding this tale that would make readers curious about the next turn of events. I especially loved how the author was able to delve through events of the past and present without making the book disorganized.

Paul Lykos’ character intrigued me more. He was not perfect, but he had a good sense of humour. Jack’s character depicts a loyal friend, which I could relate to. Overall, all the characters were well-developed.

Anyone who enjoys books about epic action, battles between humans and demons, magical powers, and mysteries would find this book exciting. The only thing I disliked about this book was the punctuation and grammar errors, although they did not deter my overall enjoyment of the book. I suggest this book be given another round of editing. I rate Crucible of the Damned by Jason Brookshier 3 out of 5 stars.

Crucible of the Damned
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Baggett Yori
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baggett-yori.html
Latest Review: The Truth Is Beyond Belief! by Jerry Durr

Post by Baggett Yori »

Your review provides a compelling glimpse into "Crucible of the Damned" by Jason Brookshier. The premise of a military academy training students for war, combined with the introduction of demons as teammates, offers an intriguing blend of action, fantasy, and mystery. The reviewer's praise for the author's engaging writing style and well-developed characters, particularly Paul Lykos, piques my interest further.
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 75%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

Thanks for your review, the book looks interesting, the battle between humans and demons is always a nice story to develop in a mistery/fantasy book. Pity for so many errors.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Citadel
Bookshelf Size: 431
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 43%

Post by NetMassimo »

There are some interesting ideas in this novel that are developed through well-constructed characters, so I hope the author does proper proofreading to make it excellent. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”