Review of The Forest and the Crows

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abraham Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Review of The Forest and the Crows

Post by Abraham Ozo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Forest and the Crows" by Matian Ellis.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Forest and the Crows by Matian Ellis is a riveting fantasy fiction novel that takes readers on an exhilarating journey filled with magic, mystery, and adventure. The story revolves around a young girl who finds herself hunted by dark forces, her devoted mother determined to protect her, and a valiant warrior who joins them on a perilous quest to find a safe haven.

A princess, a mixed-race child in danger, a warrior, and a journey across unknown lands. These three people embarked on a long journey, never staying in one place long enough to call it home. Sackery, a Vedrethal, promised Nialla's father to keep her safe. Cyridel embarked on this journey to protect her daughter, Nialla. Together, they faced adversities, all in search of a place to call home.

The book is set in a richly imagined world where magic and danger lurk around every corner. The narrative unfolds with a sense of urgency that keeps readers on the edge of their seats from beginning to end. The author's world-building brings to life a vivid and enchanting realm filled with fantastical creatures and hidden dangers. From the mountains to the forests, every location is meticulously crafted, immersing readers in a world that is both wondrous and perilous. The characters are compelling, each with their own unique motivations that add depth and complexity to the story. The protagonist, Nialla, is my favorite character. She is a compelling character whose innocence and vulnerability are juxtaposed with an inner strength and resilience that gradually unfold as the story progresses.

An aspect I liked were the pictures at the end of some of the chapters. They add depth and richness to the story, which is truly captivating. They bring the characters and events to life in a way that words alone cannot, allowing readers to truly immerse themselves in the world created by the author. These images serve to enhance the reader's experience in a truly unique way. The author's choice to use the present tense in this book creates a more immersive and engaging reading experience. It brings the characters and their journey to life in a way that feels immediate and compelling, keeping the reader on the edge of their seat as they follow along with the twists and turns of the story. I felt like I was experiencing the events in real-time.

There was absolutely nothing to dislike, and it was exceptionally edited. I wholeheartedly rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. It is a masterfully crafted fantasy novel that will captivate readers. I recommend it to fans of fantasy fiction, as this book is sure to sweep them away.

The Forest and the Crows
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
MoeBrown
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moebrown.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Post by MoeBrown »

I love seeing images of what the author intended and comparing them against what i envision. Especially with it being in the fantasy genre makes it a fun read. Thanks fof the review.
Raymonda Onwuka 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymonda-onwuka-1.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Raymonda Onwuka 1 »

Whenever I hear " dark and mysterious" I am excited. There is nothing that a mother wouldn't do to protect her child and Cyridel seems to be that kind of mother. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 75%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

This book looks to be interesting already when you see the cover. I hope that this mysterious fantasy story will be cool too. Thanks for your review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Citadel
Bookshelf Size: 430
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 43%

Post by NetMassimo »

Some classic tropes of the fantasy genre are used to create what seems like an engaging story enriched by images for an immersion in this world full of magic and danger. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Ridian Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Ridian Smith »

The title of this book is what interested me to read your review. However I can't fathom the relationship of the title of this book to the plot of the story. All the same I'd like to read this book and thanks for the detailed review!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”