Review of Demetras Curse

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Jake the Last by Colin Payne

Review of Demetras Curse

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Demetras Curse" by Tiffany Blanton.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This is a young adult fantasy book written by Tiffany Blanton and titled Demetra's Curse. Suddenly, Demetra and her closest friend, Charlie, found their teacher in possession of a book that could hold the key to safeguarding not only Earth but many other realms. They were aware that it was essential for them to steal the book, and after they did so, a chain of events began to take place, and it was up to them to locate the descendants of the four elemental gods to keep a sorcerer named Tagu who wants to free Cronus, who is a threat to all realms.

The book is difficult to follow and read at times because each chapter only contains one paragraph, despite the fact that the writing style is quite simple and easy to understand. The fact that this book contains both creatures that children would find terrifying and death is another reason why it is not appropriate for youngsters to read.

The least appealing aspect of this book, in my opinion, was the writing style of each chapter, which was a single paragraph. This makes it challenging for me to keep track of where I am in the book when interrupted, and to discern when a different character is speaking. Additionally, the book left me with numerous unanswered questions. Without any prior notice, the novel came to an abrupt and unexpected end. The phrase "To be continued..." is typically mentioned at the very end of the book when there is another book to follow that was not included.

I found the book's story to be pretty enjoyable. Not only did I enjoy the characters, but I also found myself unable to put the book down, despite the fact that there were aspects of it that I did not like.

I give this book a rating of three out of five stars. I deducted a point from the total because I think the writing could have benefited from some assistance to improve the tale's flow, and I also believe that the book could have ended in a more satisfactory manner. I am also of the opinion that the chapters ought to contain a greater number of paragraphs, particularly one after each time a new individual is speaking. In addition, I discovered errors in the book, which led me to conclude that it had not been edited professionally. As a result, I subtracted one point for this. In spite of this, I found the plot to be enjoyable; it was intriguing, and I found the characters, particularly Turr, to be appealing.

I would suggest this book to young adults who enjoy a short read about a world of fantasy.

Demetras Curse
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Citadel
Bookshelf Size: 430
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 43%

Post by NetMassimo »

The one-paragraph chapter is a curious choice and I'd like to know the author's reasoning behind it. I hope the author at least does proper proofreading, as the story seems engaging despite the book's structure. Thank you for your honest review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”