Review of No Rest for the Innocent

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Praying Mantis by Tony Scott, MD

Review of No Rest for the Innocent

Post by Kendal Low »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "No Rest for the Innocent" by M. D. Sanders.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Victorian era was a difficult time for women. It was especially difficult for Francesca, who was framed for the murder of a queen and executed on the day of her wedding. One moment she is standing at the altar about to start her new life, and the next she is waking up after being dead for over a decade. On her first few days back from the dead, she learns some heartbreaking news about her execution. It is up to her to bring justice to those who wronged her so she might finally rest in peace.

I am typically a fan of fantasy novels, so I knew from the synopsis of this book I would be utterly captivated by it. I am so relieved I was correct! No Rest for the Innocent by M.D. Sanders is an enthralling and unique fantasy novel. The author combines romance, necromancy, and vigilantism in this intriguing story.

I thoroughly enjoyed the writing style in this book. The personalities of all the different characters shone through the author’s words, and I didn’t have trouble connecting with them at all. I genuinely cared about what would happen to them. Additionally, I felt that the author did a wonderful job wrapping up the story. I was completely satisfied with the ending and wouldn’t have changed anything, as I believe it sets up the next book wonderfully.

Throughout my time reading this book and writing my review, I could come up with no negative points. The writing was entertaining and packed with emotion, and the book was exceptionally edited, with only one mistake found. So, for the reasons mentioned above, I unequivocally rate this book 5 out of 5!

I would recommend this book to readers who typically gravitate towards fantasy novels. I believe this would quench their thirst for a lovely fantastical read! As a result of the sexual themes and strong language included in the book, I believe it would be best suited to mature readers only.

No Rest for the Innocent
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Shadasha Williams
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shadasha Williams »

This is a unique article
Raymonda Onwuka 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymonda-onwuka-1.html
Latest Review: Butterfly Awakens by Meg Nocero

Post by Raymonda Onwuka 1 »

Quite interesting, I hope Francesca will find justice and finally rest in peace. The wicked deserves the worst. This book sounds thrilling. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Sandre Lamar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Sandre Lamar »

The author’s storytelling skills are exceptional. A must read for thriller fans.
Kristin Cowan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Kristin Cowan »

This is such an interesting premise!
Alissa Nesson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-nesson.html
Latest Review: Silent Voices by Marilyn Thompson

Post by Alissa Nesson »

This sounds amazing! I love the fantasy, paranormal, and thriller elements of the book. Thank you for a great review and a wonderful addition to my TBR list!
“Our lives become the stories that we weave.”
- Once On This Island
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writing for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Post by NetMassimo »

Romance is not my thing but this seems like an engaging fantasy novel with well-constructed characters who offer a lot of emotions that enrich the story. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”