Review of One Last Summer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Pittwater by Kevin E M clark

Review of One Last Summer

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "One Last Summer" by Craig Christophel.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

One Last Summer by Craig Christophel is an unusual and interesting fictional story with a protagonist named Raif, a laid-back 23-year-old. The seasonal period in which the story is set is the summer. Raif enters a town, and at his first meal at a diner in the town, he is cheered by the people there because of a heroic act he performs. He stays in that town for a while, gets to meet some new people, and makes some friends. He also goes back to Chicago to meet his friend, and he also meets Fay, whom he later develops a unique and important relationship with. Raif is one who has lucid dreams, and he remembers the dreams when he wakes. He later discovers that he has a unique gift and that he is a gifted dreamer. He gets to meet a teacher in his dreams who instructs him and tells him all he needs to know about the life and responsibility of a dreamer and those who are referred to as keepers of the heart of the world. One last summer tells us about the experiences of Raif Zachariah Bonif during a very unusual summer period.

In One Last Summer, the author gives the readers a story that is very unique. The story is deep and has a deeper context. It is not your usual story. The protagonist has had some strange adventures and experiences. He gets to witness a suicide as well as perform a heroic deed that makes him eligible to be rewarded. The author is able to combine all this with the supernatural to give the readers an interesting novel.

My favorite character in the book was Raif. He had a strong moral code that was something to be emulated. His principles and decision to do what is right were evident in his relationships with his friends, both new and old. His anti-corruption stance is also another quality that I find attractive, and that makes his character one I enjoy reading. His capacity to love, as seen in his relationships, is another good quality of his. 

The experience of reading this book was truly enjoyable. The book was a page-turner, and the story was so captivating that I wanted to read it to the end in one sitting to know how the story concluded. There was nothing I found dislikable about the book; the characters all played their roles incredibly well. The author's writing style made it easy to understand, despite the quirky nature of the book. The author deserves commendation for having such a creative mindset that made this book a reality. The editor also deserves commendation for a job well done. 

The interesting storyline of the book and all the qualities I have listed above made the rating of this book easy. The book gets a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to lovers of fantasy stories, but I would not recommend it to children, as some of the discussions in the book are inappropriate for them.

One Last Summer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writing for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Post by NetMassimo »

Lucid dreams are fascinating and I see that in this novel they're used to create an engaging story developed with great creativity that also addresses some important issues. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

A sci-fi book with a supernatural twist sounds like an intriguing concept. I appreciate authors who think outside the box and explore unconventional ideas. Your review has heightened my curiosity to read this book even more. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. What a fantastic review!
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”