Review of Ambrosia

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bron Bakers
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bron-bakers.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of Ambrosia

Post by Bron Bakers »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ambrosia" by Zambi.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The secret nectar of the gods is what gives them power and strength. But even gods die. Ambrosia by Zambi is a fantasy thriller that delves into Greek mythology, the lives of gods and goddesses, how they operate, and the story behind their existence. Achelois was a seemingly ordinary woman working in a cafe with no powers.

But with the death of her grandmother, Ionna revealed that there was a lot more to her. Coupled with her mothership rejection and the weight of a secret her grandmother hid from her about her own life and existence, Achelois is thrown into a whole new world of gods, goddesses,dark powers, love, and duty. And when her true self and the responsibilities that lay ahead of her were revealed to her, she realized that she was not ordinary.

Ambrosia is a thrilling story that exposes us to Greek mythology. I enjoyed the poetry written alongside the story. I also enjoyed the numerous twists in the storyline. Also, although Greek words were used a lot in the story, most of the Greek words used in the book had interpretations at the end of the chapter,making it very easy for non-Greek-speaking readers to understand the book.

However, I have a few dislikes about the book. The book had very heavy and explicit sexual contents, which was a little too much for me. Also, the story portrayed lesbian love, which might be a little offensive to some people. It also contained very graphic descriptions of violent murder that may be offensive to some readers. Furthermore, there was a great deal of profanity used in the book, which I found offensive. The storyline was also a bit confusing and difficult to follow, partly due to the large number of characters used in the book and inconsistencies in the plot, which made it very difficult for me to fully enjoy the story.

I rate this book three out of five stars. I removed two stars because of the dislikes I stated above. The book was nicely edited, although I found a few errors while reading it. This book is not suitable for individuals with a phobia of graphic descriptions of violent murder. I recommend this to individuals without these aversions who are interested in fantasy and thrillers with some poetry. I also highly recommend it for individuals interested in Greek mythology.

Ambrosia
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writings for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 432
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Post by NetMassimo »

It looks like the author went deep into Greek mythology, including the parts that generally are not taught in school such as the sexual bits. :D The twists make this story more engaging. Thank you for your honest review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”