Review of Penticore Prime

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: The Flaxen Tyranny by Simon Evans

Review of Penticore Prime

Post by Salome Ogani »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Penticore Prime" by M.D. Chevalier.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Penticore Prime is a fictional planet inhabited by individuals with advanced technological knowledge as well as a strong dedication to the service of their goddess Eos. Their planet consisted of fifteen cities, of which the City of Tulacoss was its capital. Candor Romero, a geologist with an incredible sense of humor who hoped to someday prove that the Earth underwent massive changes in a cyclical pattern, on contact with the Ekos Caspularuss, was thrust into the alien landscape of Penticore Prime, where he was known as Candor Shuveen and was undergoing his third rejuvenation after his death while Skysurfing.

Following the events surrounding his third rejuvenation and to allay the worries of his parents, Candor Shuveen decides to amend his ways and, in the process, meets Thalia, the most beautiful woman he has ever beheld. To his surprise, he discovers that Thalia is the daughter of his father's opponent, Seiss Theniass. Will the families allow the love that existed between the two to bloom?

With the passage of time and events, Penticorians are forced to make a decision. With the reduced time frame, were the people able to choose a particular path, or was the only option to divide the citizens of Penticore Prime into two? What happens when Candor Shuveen's subconscious presents him with memories of himself, and he is forced to ask himself questions? Find out the answer to all of these questions and more in the book Penticore Prime: Tale of the Exodus by M.D. Chevalier.

One thing I admired in this book was the love and support enjoyed by Candor as a Penticorian from both friends and family, irrespective of the decision that he made. The law-abiding nature of the citizens of Penticore Prime was another thing I loved. They all understood that the various rules and regulations were put in place for their sake and to ensure a better livelihood for everyone.

The lack of social status among the Penticorians was another interesting thing, as was the absence of the desire to amass wealth or power, unlike in the case of humanity, where power was or is everything along with a complex system that controls and is meant to divide people and not bring them together. I feel like the human race has a lot to learn from Penticore Prime, however fictional the place may be. The creativity of the author, as well as his knowledge of the various mechanisms that came into play in Penticorian technology, is applaudable.

The book has no errors, and for that, I commend the author for ensuring that it was exceptionally edited. Overall, Penticore Prime: Tale of the Exodus by M.D. Chevalier is a very interesting one, and I recommend it to lovers of science fiction, geology, as well as anthropology, as it cuts across these areas and more. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because I disliked nothing about it.

Penticore Prime
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Raymonda Onwuka 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymonda-onwuka-1.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Raymonda Onwuka 1 »

This definitely sounds like a must read. I hope that their loves wins.. .. intact i am confident that it will win. Love always wins.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writings for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 432
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an intriguing novel set in a society very different from what we've seen so far on Earth. I'm curious to see how Candor story develops. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”