Review of Agatha the Beloved Queen

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shayna Canestrari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shayna-canestrari.html
Latest Review: Agatha the Beloved Queen by Fred Pilcher
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 58%

Review of Agatha the Beloved Queen

Post by Shayna Canestrari »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Agatha the Beloved Queen" by Fred Pilcher.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In Agatha the Beloved Queen by Fred Pilcher, we are introduced to a traveler who journeys around the world to learn about various ancestral cultures. The traveler hears a remarkable story about a young future queen who dreams of wealth and power for the common people. This historical fantasy story shows how one person can transform a kingdom into a utopian society.
Princess Agatha learns at a young age that the majority of wealth in her kingdom is in the hands of a privileged few. While surrounded by snobby aristocrats, she sees the people of Xana suffering in poverty. Determined to improve her people's lives, Agatha offers many suggestions to Queen Julia's council. Due to the council members' greed and the monarchy's traditions, Agatha’s ideas are rejected. She vows that when she becomes queen, she will make sweeping changes to help the commoners create and keep their wealth.
An evil sorcerer arrives in Xana, intending to steal and spread famine in the kingdom. During an unexpected visit from her fairy godmother, Agatha learns she must find a particular person to help her defeat this sorcerer and banish his evil from the world. Agatha tends to her suffering people with a spark of hope until her intuition leads her to the chosen one.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Agatha’s unwavering strength and determination to protect her people made for an inspirational tale. The wise and unselfish guidance she provided her people left me imagining how wonderful our world could be with leaders like her. Agatha wisely chose her most trusted advisors, as each new council member made positive contributions to her kingdom.
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. The story was thought-provoking and made me fantasize about a better world. The writer did a great job creating many fully developed characters in which I became invested. Those who enjoy reading historical fiction novels with strong female leaders and mystical twists will like this book. The editors did a great job, and I only found minor errors. Due to violent storylines and explicit sexual encounters, this book is for mature readers. I found no negative aspects in the story and highly recommend it.

Agatha the Beloved Queen
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
R Chinaza Onwuka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Banished
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-chinaza-onwuka.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by R Chinaza Onwuka »

Queen Agatha, one who sees the suffering of her people. The one who want the best for the people of Xana. This book sounds like an interesting read. Thanks for the honest review.
Jason Ortega 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jason-ortega-1.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Jason Ortega 1 »

Agatha vows to become a queen in other to help kingdom so the kingdom can develop the book talks about the council members which were greedy they rejected and idea that could help them .The book reviews provided a good insight on the novel.
williams Emerald
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by williams Emerald »

Your review of ‘Agatha the Beloved Queen’ beautifully captures the essence of the story, highlighting Agatha’s inspiring journey to transform her kingdom into a utopian society and It’s wonderful to hear that Agatha’s unwavering determination and wise leadership resonated with you, sparking thoughts of a better world. Strong female leaders like her are truly inspirational.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Night Land
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 48%

Post by NetMassimo »

This novel contains some interesting elements with problems mirroring the ones on Earth. It's a situation that makes you think of a better world and offers some food for thought. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”