Review of Magical Missions - The New Chosen Ones

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory onyekachukwu Igborgbor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-onyekachukwu-igborgbor.html
Latest Review: The Glorious Beast! by Scott L.Chally

Review of Magical Missions - The New Chosen Ones

Post by Victory onyekachukwu Igborgbor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Magical Missions - The New Chosen Ones" by Jaime Enrique Gutierrez Perez.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Magical Mission - The New Chosen Ones by Jaime Enrigue Gutierrez Perez is an enthralling fantasy novel that sweeps readers into a world where magic and adventure intertwine seamlessly. The story follows a young girl named Tina of Sirigia who has trained in magic and “swordsmanship” all her life so she can be like her father whom she loved and admired for his bravery and heroism in capturing a dark being called Rogius.

When the said dark being is freed from his seal by one of his followers called Limbus a girl whose origin was from Limbo and they begin working hand in hand to defeat the people of Multiria, Tina is chosen to embark on a journey and given an ancient weapon called the “sun sword” to enable her defeat Rogius. In her journey, Tina will come across friends who will join her on the journey and allies who will help her along the way. On her journey, Tina will travel with Nova, Cezanne and Rodion throughout the realm of Multiria defeating enemies gathering allies and fostering a new generation of warriors and magicians who will protect the realm.

One of the standout features of this book is its richly imagined world. Jaime Enrigue Gutierrez Perez has crafted a setting that is both vibrant and immersive, filled with detailed landscapes, mythical creatures, and ancient lore. The author's attention to detail brings the magical realm to life, making it easy for readers to get lost in the story. The characters are well-developed, each with their own unique abilities and personalities that contribute to the group's dynamic. Their growth throughout the novel is compelling, as they evolve from uncertain individuals into confident heroes. I do have a favorite character in this book and that is Nova. Her cheerful and bright personality had me calling her the “tree girl” as she first emerged atop a tree in the book.

However, while the world-building and character development are strong, the pacing of the novel can sometimes be uneven and the word usage, is pretty unclear. Certain sections of the story also feel rushed, and it left me wanting more depth and exploration of the characters' backgrounds and the magical system that governs their world. The book was exceptionally well-edited and error-free.

Even though some of the plot twists looked predictable and the novel’s pacing very fast, the book remained very captivating and offered a fresh take on the classic tale of good versus evil which is why I gave it a rating of 4 out of 5 stars as a result of the aforementioned. I recommend this book to those who love magical tales filled with mystery and adventure.

Magical Missions - The New Chosen Ones
View: on Bookshelves
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fantastic Voyage II
Bookshelf Size: 441
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Writing for the Vialins by Anna Yusuf
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 56%

Post by NetMassimo »

I might be old for this kind of story but this fantas novel seems to be engaging thanks to its world-building and characters despite some predicatibility. Regardless, thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”