Official Review: Roan by E. R. Barr

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Re: Official Review: Roan by E. R. Barr

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

I liked Roan by E.R. Barr! A nice combination of myth and science, tons of ancient intrigue, and an earth shattering prophecy make for a good urban fantasy tale. If you enjoy those elements, read Roan! I rate this story 4 out of 4 stars.
Abraham Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Post by Abraham Ozo »

Roan: The Tales of Conor Archer by E.R. Barr is a suspense-filled mystery novel that is filled with twists. I look forward to reading it soon. Congratulations on BOTD.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Beating Death: Doorways to The Universe by Sean O’Banion

Post by Veronica Hunter »

E.R. Barr's 'Roan: The Tales of Conor Archer' is a mesmerizing journey into a world of magic, mystery, and adventure. The intricate storytelling and richly developed characters kept me enthralled until the very end. Congrats on the BOTD.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Pittwater by Kevin E M clark

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

'Roan: The Tales of Conor Archer' by E.R. Barr is a spellbinding blend of mythology and modern-day struggles. Barr's masterful storytelling transports readers to the enchanting town of Tinker's Grove, leaving them eager for more.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: A Long Ago place by Donna Betten

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

I guess this story is about the character, Connor, who has extraordinary abilities. How was he able to rise to the responsibilities that faced him? How did he cope with his mother's death and the truth that he discovered?
Karla Nieto
Currently Reading: The Mark of Athena
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Karla Nieto »

Your review is absolutely captivating! Your vivid descriptions and enthusiastic recounting of the plot have me intrigued to dive into this world of myth, mysticism, and scientific intrigue. It's clear that the characters, especially Conor Archer, undergo significant growth and face formidable challenges that keep the reader engaged throughout. The blending of fantasy and science fiction elements, along with the well-developed supporting cast and immersive worldbuilding, promises an exciting reading experience. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and sparking my interest in this captivating tale!
Abdullah Fawmi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdullah-fawmi.html
Latest Review: Fantasy Man by Jean-Michel Desire

Post by Abdullah Fawmi »

This seems like a book I would enjoy so much. The character and the plot development seems excellent. After reading your review it's like the book is calling for me. Congratulations on BOTD!
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Essential Advice for Buying Your First Home and Navigating through the Mortgage Loan Process by Diana Donnelly

Post by Chad Anthony »

The depth of characters, from Conor Archer to Dr. Nicholas Drake, adds layers of complexity to the story, making it engaging and unpredictable. The clash between scientific and mystic aspects, especially with Dr. Drake's character, creates a compelling conflict that drives the plot forward.
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

Congratulations on the BOTD. I am yet to read this book. Overall a great book and review have indeed helped me gain some insight into its content. Enjoy this fantasy novel.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

The review vividly captures the essence of "Roan: The Tales of Conor Archer," painting a picture of a captivating story filled with mythical elements and a battle between good and evil. It's intriguing how the characters' backgrounds and struggles are woven into a rich narrative.
Lorna Philip Enslin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading: Good Not Hate
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorna-philip-enslin.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley
Reading Device: 1Device
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Lorna Philip Enslin »

A well written review, thank you. The story seems to be mystical and mythical with compelling themes of Celtic folklore.
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

"Roan: The Tales of Conor Archer" by E.R. Barr transports readers into the enchanting world of Tinker’s Grove, blending myth and mystique with the introduction of shapeshifters known as the Roan. Conor Archer's journey begins with a perilous encounter in Chicago and leads him back to his hometown, where he discovers his extraordinary lineage and embarks on a quest to protect both his world and the mystical realm of his ancestry, showcasing the timeless battle between good and evil. As Conor grapples with loss, newfound powers, and the weight of destiny, readers are drawn into a captivating narrative brimming with suspense and rich character depth.
Dan Polumbric
Currently Reading: The Return of the Knights
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dan-polumbric.html
Latest Review: The Vine by Adria L. Dunn

Post by Dan Polumbric »

Thank you for a deep and detailed review of this book. A fantasy, captivating story of smalltown kids, magic, mythical elements used to unveil a classic battle between good and evil. the characters' and their backgrounds are presented as colourful and interesting.
Congrats on BOTD
Suvankar Das 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suvankar-das-1.html
Latest Review: The Illusion of Superiority by Christopher Joseph

Post by Suvankar Das 1 »

"Roan: The Tales Of Conor Archer" by E. R. Barr offers a captivating blend of mystery, fantasy, and heroism. With a perfect 5-star rating from multiple sources, including Onlinebookclub.org and Amazon, it promises an epic journey through darkness and courage. A must-read for fans of paranormal fantasy!
Ram Sahni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-sahni.html
Latest Review: The Mission by Tara Basi

Post by Ram Sahni »

Conor now obtains the spotlight and meets a lot of unexpected help from Jace, the football team’s flamboyant captain, Jace’s twin sister Beth, and a loyal Labrador Retriever called Troubles.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”