Harry Potter

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Little_Lotte
Currently Reading: Rimas
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-little-lotte.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Re: Harry Potter

Post by Little_Lotte »

I remember being 9 years old when I read the first book of Harry Potter. I already had an attraction to reading. But this was the saga that hooked me on reading as a habit and a passion. I was halfway through the book one afternoon when my dad showed me the movie tickets for the premiere back in 2001. But he said: "I will only take you IF you finish the book". Needless to say, I finished it that same day and then went to see the movie in my quidditch Gryffindor cape. Those simple times.
Shireen Ubaid
Favorite Book: Crescendo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shireen-ubaid.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by Shireen Ubaid »

I read the Harry Potter series after watching all of the movies. I wanted more of this magical world and I really didn't want it to end. Even though I knew the story of each book beforehand I still cried over the deaths of my favourite characters while reading. After I heard there was going to be an eighth book, I was so excited and I don't know how I got my hands on it and started reading. I read it. It was good but not as good as the previous 7 books.
Ella Shimi
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ella-shimi.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Ella Shimi »

Harry Potter is just a series that never dies. It has been with me for years and I keep coming back to reading the books. It is always an enjoyable read. Got to say Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban will always be my all-time favorite of the series. It is just extremely touching when he gets to meet his father's friends and gets to know what his family was like.
Lila Randhawa
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lila-randhawa.html
Latest Review: Conversing with Various Entities by Mary Ellen Wall

Post by Lila Randhawa »

I read the series twice. My favourite character is Sirius Black. I like the parts where Harry finds a family in him.
Angel_gaze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angel-gaze.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Angel_gaze »

I think J.K.Rowling and her Harry Potter series are responsible for an entire generation of readers. My children all adored the books and it was a joy to discover Harry's world together. A true classic.
Kimberly Jade C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimberly-jade-c.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Kimberly Jade C »

I've just started reading this series. I'm on the fourth book so far and I am absolutely enjoying them! I can not believe how much is left out of the movies :o
Hykaryh
Currently Reading: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hykaryh.html
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 130%

Post by Hykaryh »

When I was a child, my brothers and I were mesmerised by the book Harry Potter. We woke up with it and went to bed with it. When our parents wanted to punish us, they always took these books away from us. I am sure I would have been a different person if the book experience in my childhood had disappeared from my life.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”