Harry Potter

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lambcrazy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Harry Potter

Post by lambcrazy »

Harry Potter series is my favorite. I love the last book i.e. Deathly Hallows. The book is so gripping and fast ... too good to red ..
A24

Post by A24 »

I just started this series and I'm almost finished the first book. I'm not really into witchcraft and sorcery but I am loving the first book so far! I couldn't understand all the HP hype about the books, movies, and recently saw all the Potter fans at Universal in Orlando. I wanted to know what everyone was so hyped up about so I'm reading the series for myself.
“The Bible is worth all the other books which have ever been printed.”
~Patrick Henry
khushifairy

Post by khushifairy »

yeah i love it too.
but can't say that i love any one part... all the parts are my most most favorite..
J.K. rowling rocks..
TimeKeeperApprentice
Favorite Author: Joseph delaney
fav_author_id: 6470

Post by TimeKeeperApprentice »

Cool HP Fans. I my favorite Harry Potter books would be Half Blood Prince, and the Sorcerer's Stone. Though I've only read about 4 they are very good books.
Safia

Post by Safia »

I'm a Harry Potter fan through and through!! After spending huge amounts of time on HP forums for the past ten years or so, it seems weird to see such an empty Harry Potter thread!
Come on people, the Harry Potter series are probably the best books of our times!
dcmerkle
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
fav_author_id: 3258

Post by dcmerkle »

A24 wrote:I just started this series and I'm almost finished the first book. I'm not really into witchcraft and sorcery but I am loving the first book so far! I couldn't understand all the HP hype about the books, movies, and recently saw all the Potter fans at Universal in Orlando. I wanted to know what everyone was so hyped up about so I'm reading the series for myself.
I read the whole series because I wanted to see what all the debate was about. It just seemed that there were so many groups that were against it. I couldn't see how Scholastic would have allowed books like that to be published if they were all that controversial. Once I read the 1st book I was hooked and laughed all the way through the others when I thought about all the groups that wanted them banned. I have saved the books to read to my grand children when they are ready to enjoy them.

DCMerkle
pawpoint
Favorite Author: Robert rankin
Favorite Book: Raiders of the Lost Car Park
Currently Reading: Robert Anton Wilson
fav_author_id: 8853

Post by pawpoint »

You cant compare the Harry Potter films to the books. The books are amazing while the films are just great! No wonder J.K.Rowling is so rich
beatrix222

Post by beatrix222 »

i secretly hope she writes Doby's story. He was one of my fav characters! I would love to know about the rest of his shenanigans! Plus that would scratch the J.K Rowling itch!!! I am a proud member of S.P.E.W!!
Always remember Dobby is a free elf!!!
gabrielgreystone

Post by gabrielgreystone »

Never read the series. I've glanced of sections of the book. Nothing that really catches my eye.
TheSnouter

Post by TheSnouter »

I really enjoyed the Harry Potter films, but I have to admit that I've not yet read the books but I certainly plan on doing so in the near future.
Chris Blue

Post by Chris Blue »

I have read the books, and watched the films. The films are great, but the greater depth of the story that can be gained from reading the books I think makes them worth a try. They make a compelling read, and mature with each book, alongsde Harry himself.
pawpoint
Favorite Author: Robert rankin
Favorite Book: Raiders of the Lost Car Park
Currently Reading: Robert Anton Wilson
fav_author_id: 8853

Post by pawpoint »

The books are not childrens novels. I have five kids aged 11 to 22 and only three of them (guess which three) get the prose. Reminds me of being asked to read The Hobbit at school when I was nine!

-- 07 Jan 2012, 10:18 --

Just a quick side comment - If your kids havent seen Harry Potter Puppet Pals on youtube, then dont let them! Lol, They are so addictive and really funny. I find myself walking around at work singing "Snape, Snape, Severus Snape, Dumbledore" - and I am an Electronics Engineer!
also love
illuminoid23 and his talking pets on youtube. Some crazy person getting carried away with Crazy Talk. I know him well, Lol. Its Illuminoid23 From Pawpoint Dog Clothes and Pet Accessories
Kenn_Baker
Favorite Author: Chuck Palahniuk
Currently Reading: Game of thrones Series
fav_author_id: 2812

Post by Kenn_Baker »

I was a fan from the first book. It was strange to me that the fan base changed so rapidly throughout the years. First it was thought of as just a kid's series, but it got darker and darker, and actually became a little scary to some kids.

What amazes me about her writing is how every novel after the first seemed to fit so perfectly into her world. She did not write herself into a box so to speak and everything seems to flow seamlessly into one continuous story.
Doyag
Favorite Author: sidney sheldon
Favorite Book: A Walk To Remember + Tell Me Your Dreams
fav_author_id: 3713

Post by Doyag »

I'm a big fan of Harry Potter. especially the books. I loved the idea of the books and the humor that the movie couldn't very well grasp.

My favorite was the third one ""Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban".

J.K Rowling is such awesome writer and i loved her imaginative and witty writing.
I remember laughing at how she come to explain the blizzards we get, and where all the missing socks go..
I've collected all books, even the ones Harry Potter reads...like "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them"
I even love her official site! its soo entertaining!
lanedraven
Favorite Book: Tipping the Velvet
Currently Reading: Enders Game

Post by lanedraven »

Harry Potter has been close to my heart for ages. I remember that the first time I read the first novel, we were both 11, and I felt so connected to the characters. In some ways I feel like I grew up with Harry.

I greatly enjoy Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, as well as Deathly Hallows. Whereas the other books seem to follow a specific pattern, I like the ways these two in particular subvert and rework it.

I'm also a Dobby fan, although I am quite partial to Trunks as well.

I remember how crushed I was when it hit me that Harry Potter was over.... felt like the end of an era.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”