Harry Potter

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corinaelena.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

Re: Harry Potter

Post by Corina Elena »

I cannot express in words my love these books! They have been my favourite books to read throughout my entire life and even now, as an adult, I find solace in rereading them. Each time I go through the story I find new dephs and see correlations to depression, anxiety, feeling out of place, depictions of true friendship and kindness. There really is no topic that the Harry Potter books have not covered.
Crowe0702
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crowe0702.html
Latest Review: Jane Grace: Library of Light by Trace Sonnleitner

Post by Crowe0702 »

One thing that is great about the Harry Potter franchise is that there are so many stories beyond the 7 books that explore the world in depth. From The Cursed Child play to the Fantastic Beasts movies to the mobile app games, Harry Potter fans are getting a lot of brand new content. We are a lucky bunch indeed.
mam_reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by mam_reader »

Harry Potter is my favorite series. I love reading the books over and over again. Order of the Phoenix and deathly hallows are my favorite.
Bea2wice-143
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bea2wice-143.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Bea2wice-143 »

I have been a potterhead since the age of 10 years old. I have read all the Harry potter books and watched all the films. These books are what ignited my love for reading.

I also read the latest book the cursed child and I actually liked it. It was different .Most people may have been disappointed because of that fact. That it wasn't another Harry, Ron and Hermoine adventure but their children. I enjoyed it alot and I can only hope that one day I would get the chance to watch the play live.
Fasmin
Favorite Book: We are voulhire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fasmin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fasmin »

The HP series has always had a special place in my heart and it always will. I might dislike JK Rowling, but never her books.
you could read the story over and over again a million times and never grow tired of it. All the morals the story has to offer has also helped me a lot. I find myself remembering some quote (most of the time dumbledore's) in many tight spots be it mine or others.

The HP series has gifted me much. And is one of my most beloved books.

:tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
Kaitlin Licato
Currently Reading: Shakespeare's Guide to Parenting
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlin-licato.html
Latest Review: The Sylvan Horn by Robert Redinger

Post by Kaitlin Licato »

My whole family was into Harry Potter, but I was the fastest reader. So I always got the book as soon as it came in. My favorite is probably Goblet of Fire (#4). I read it often. Then again, I read the first 4 a lot in general. I always had difficulty with Order of the Phoenix. I hate how all of Harry's teenage angst is in one book. Plus, Sirius was my favorite character. I've only read #s 5-7 twice due to disliking Order so much.
Hzrachel
Favorite Book: Shield Down
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hzrachel.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Hzrachel »

One of best work of fantasy.
It just created a whole different and fascinating world.I love the wide range of characters and creatures. It just feels like home. Also it teaches us so many things.
I just loved it.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Dr D
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dr-d.html
Latest Review: The Internet President: None of the Above by P.G. Sundling
Reading Device: B07QCCW5KB

Post by Dr D »

After a long wait, I finally started the series last week and completed it yesterday. What a series. The fame which the books and movies have recieved is justified. I am still hoping the series to continue, even though it has officially ended.
eratherton
Currently Reading: Long ships
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eratherton.html
Latest Review: Danger in Plain Sight by Burt Weissbourd

Post by eratherton »

The series will always be close to my heart, it's just pure nostalgia for me! I remember lining up as a kid at our local bookstore at midnight for the latest one! They'd throw a huge wizard-themed party and everyone would dress up!
Carina Jordaan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carina-jordaan.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Carina Jordaan »

I love Harry Potter! The series is how my love for reading started. Once you start reading a Harry Potter book you just can't put it down. It's written so well and descriptive that it paints the picture of the scene as it's plays out.

My absolute favorite part is were Harry founds himself on the magic bus, but overall everything from the Goblet of Fire through to Deathly Hallows. This is were the story takes a turn and starts to evolve more quickly and intensely.
billday10
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: grapes of wrath
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-billday10.html
Latest Review: Nimue: Freeing Merlin (Barnes & Noble Edition) by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by billday10 »

I read the series and enjoyed the films, but does anyone know what's going on with all the spinoff material and the retconns? It feels like such a mess lol
Ysiana
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ysiana »

I love this book,it really gets your imagination to go wild,I love the depth in the history!
Saitejasai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Saitejasai »

Harry Potter is one of my best and great series. That I watched. Jk Rowling is really an a good writer. Really I lreally ike concept of magical school where magic tricks has been through. I was really an a fantastic concept. Where children has been through magic. I am reading it for the third time Harry potter series. It was not going out of my mind. And even I can't Imaginable how good it was. Even after some decades we can't forget the movie. We can also learn many things from the Harry potter. About true friend ship, relationship, and more than that emotions. The Harry potter series has taught many things to us.
Clare Jose
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clare-jose.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Clare Jose »

The Harry Potter series was an important part of my childhood. It was the first series I ever read and was one of the things that got me into reading.

I don't think I can aptly explain all that the books and J.K. Rowling has done for children and adults everywhere. The only thing I can say is that I'm very, very grateful.
Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."
mohamed benziane
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mohamed-benziane.html
Latest Review: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life by Lewis Kempfer
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by mohamed benziane »

harry potter is probably the best fantsy/sci-fi book I have ever read, it is so well written, sometimes I think rowleing is not from this world, how could she have all those kind of ideas and imagination it's outstanding, the books and the movies are epic, they are fantasy but so much that you would :oops: from, so exceptionally made, I have seen the movie thousand times and am definitely gonna see them with my kids, my favorite is the goblet of fire

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”