Overall rating and opinion of " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Use this forum to discuss the August 2020 Book of the month, " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran

Re: Overall rating and opinion of " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Namaste23 »

The thing I liked most about this book was that the author wasn't biased toward any type of treatment. They plainly laid out options for those who suffer from anxiety. Sometimes people think one thing should work for them and they get discouraged when it doesn't. The author clearly understands that anxiety is personal and the individual has to figure out what works for them. I would definitely recommend this book. Sometimes a person just needs the facts without any judgement and I feel that this book provides that.
Julie Anna D
Currently Reading: The Vanishing Half
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-anna-d.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Julie Anna D »

I chose to review this book because I've had my own struggles with anxiety and coping with stress. As I read through I found myself wishing it was the author's office I was walking into instead of my own primary care physician's. My doctor has prescribed anxiety medication and antidepressants on several occasions, not once ever mentioning one of the many alternative treatments or supplements provided in this book.

I appreciated the simplification of the scientific processes involved in our response to anxiety and stress. I also appreciated the many details regarding each supplement and treatment, like standard dosage and potential side effects.

Overall I found this to be a very informative read that everyone could benefit from, seeing how common anxiety is among folks these days. You could learn a lot and really help yourself or someone you care for who is struggling.
Matlhodi Nozwayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-matlhodi-nozwayo.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Matlhodi Nozwayo »

This is the sort of book most of us need. So many struggle with anxiety and that hinders so many things. Whether you are a student, a business person, a mother, teacher, etc. Just go ahead and grab this.
Simmons32
Currently Reading: Cengage Advantage Books
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simmons32.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Simmons32 »

I think I rated this one 4 out of 4 stars. I thought this books was really interesting. I liked that it exploded a bit about what causes stress and anxiety but also addresses healthy ways to deal with it. I like that it didn’t down medicine either. There is a time and places for both.
Charlienmegan Wehner
Currently Reading: Finding Joy with an Invisible Chronic Illness
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlienmegan-wehner.html
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King

Post by Charlienmegan Wehner »

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars and would recommend this book to anyone who is looking to further their understanding of anxiety and stress and well as incorporate ways to address these ailments through natural medicine.
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King
Shelby Ayres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: The Wrong Side of the Room by Norman Mathews

Post by Shelby Ayres »

I really liked this book. I felt it was extremely informative and contains things I can use in my every day life to combat stress and anxiety.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Marsha JJ »

I enjoyed the book, particularly the theme of focusing on natural remedies for healing. If you believe that the body is naturally self-healing, for the most part, you will appreciate this book. Often doctors are very quick to prescribe medications without also considering solutions such as nutrition. What you eat has an enormous impact on your health. I liked that the authors addressed this topic and others.
Leslie Kunde
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: All Souls Trilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leslie-kunde.html
Latest Review: The Fantastical Keys of Darius Newton Archibank by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Leslie Kunde »

This was a good book for the general guidelines of natural relief for stress and anxiety. I really like the stress placed throughout the book on checking with a doctor. Although many doctors refuse to take "natural medicine" seriously. I find this very odd, considering most of our medicines are from plants in the natural world. We just distilled or separated out the compounds we didn't want and sold the rest in pill or liquid form.
Sara Barnes Cottingham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-barnes-cottingham.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Sara Barnes Cottingham »

I STILL take a magnesium supplement because of the advice I read in this book! I have always had high anxiety, and I reviewed this book because I was interested in what Kinrys had to say. I genuinely notice when I take magnesium because my stress levels are lower. I have recommended a magnesium supplement to several others based on this book's recommendations. Coupled with breathing meditations and other exercises, I have a method of managing my anxiety so that it doesn't take over my life.
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

This book, Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, M.D. and Alexandra Gold, M.A. is a quick guide to relieving anxiety and stress. This book takes the reader through numerous options for how to alleviate stress and anxiety symptoms caused by life events, big or small. It is important to note that while a doctor took place in writing this, it is not a substitute for professional treatment, and readers should consult their primary care physician before attempting any of these suggestions.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Big Necesscaries by Beth Weiler

Post by Christell Lindeque »

This book deserves a 4 out of 4 rating. Only one thing bothered me and it was the meditation section of the book which was a slow read because it is not one of my interests. I am using herbal teas from this book that they suggested to use and it is making a difference in my life just after a few days. I would definitely recommend it and it is easy to read and understand and you can keep going to the back of the book to see a summary of what they recommend to do so you don't have to reread the whole book.
Cwaganagwa Dorothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwaganagwa-dorothy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cwaganagwa Dorothy »

In my opinion, it is a self-help book. It is like a medical manual of anxiety and stress. It outlines both negative and positive aspects of each. I really loved the natural approaches , when it comes to battling the two. Plus, there was nothing to hate abut the book.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Post by Hager Salem »

I liked the book and i believe it covered all the points it needed to cover regarding anxiety and stress.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

For me, this book is one of the best health care books I have ever read,u rented this book perfectly.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

I love how helpful and educative this book is, I definitely recommend to every one in the pursuit of good health

Return to “Discuss "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD”