Overall rating and opinion of " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Use this forum to discuss the August 2020 Book of the month, " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.
Laura Mich
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-mich.html
Latest Review: A Woman's Rise To Courage by Birgit T Klare

Re: Overall rating and opinion of " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Laura Mich »

joenduga12 wrote: 02 Aug 2020, 12:52 Stress and anxiety are things of the mind, which can be difficult to manage. But Gustavo nicely outline several strategies to remedy stress and anxieties. One thing a like especially about the is the level of grammar used by him. Very simple and straightforward; perhaps having in mind those with limited education, because those are the ones needs this advice the most.

Personally I rate this 4 out of 4, and recommend is to everybody, because we have these common problems we are all facing, all humans, stress and anxiety.
The author made sure to make his book a practical guide for everyone by using simple language. A reader does not need a dictionary by his/her side when reading this amazing book.
Laura Mich

Post by Laura Mich »

Howlan wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 22:56 This book is a proper informative guide to people who want to know about anxiety and stress as well as the methods to counter those problems. It provides detailed guidance about anxiety and stress, often delving into the science of such a reaction from our body. It lists the symptoms and what causes those symptoms and provides a wide range of remedies to help us overcome these.
The part I liked was the section "Stress and Anxiety Management," which has a piece of great information about keeping our stress under control by understanding it and what we need to do to keep it in check.
I appreciated the part where it included both natural and medical ways to combat stress and anxiety. The book is not biased.
Laura Mich

Post by Laura Mich »

Kei Nakagawa wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 20:12 I really like how the book was straightforward and direct even from the beginning. It is a relatively easy and smooth read. It started on defining the terms relevant to anxiety and stress before suggesting ways on how to relieve and handle them.

The book is definitely a recommended read, especially right now when the whole COVID-19 quarantine situation is starting to take a toll on other people's mental health.
Covid-19 has cost people their jobs and lives. I also think this book would be an amazing practical guide for those people who are undergoing stress over losing their jobs and loved ones.
Laura Mich

Post by Laura Mich »

Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 14:29 Anxiety and stress have been a common issue in society. Today, more people are going through these problems without knowing how to handle them. Gustavo's layout is simple and strategic. The language used is also easy to understand. There's nothing I dislike about it. Yes, I'd recommend and share this book with everyone interested to read on or those suffering from anxiety and stress. It's a book I will keep on my top shelf.
The book highlights on issues that seem atypical in day-to-day life. Sometimes we undergo stress without our knowledge. This guide assists by giving strategic points on how to combat such situations.
Laura Mich

Post by Laura Mich »

NetMassimo wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 11:10 A lot of information about the possible methods to fight anxiety and stress. I liked that the authors included possible side-effects, doubts about the validity of some methods, and the possible need to talk to your doctor if you think about taking some substances. Overall, I had an excellent impression.
I liked that the author recommended natural methods of combating stress before advancing to medication. He also insisted on taking the exact prescribed dosage for those on medical treatment. He highlighted the impacts of under-dose and overdose.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

Laura Mich wrote: 24 Sep 2020, 22:57
I liked that the author recommended natural methods of combating stress before advancing to medication. He also insisted on taking the exact prescribed dosage for those on medical treatment. He highlighted the impacts of under-dose and overdose.
True, natural methods are still addressed as medicine, so dosage is crucial to its correct effect like in any medical treatment. I agree that it's an important point when you're useing natural methods as it shows that they contain compounds that have significan physical effects.
Ciao :)
Massimo
megan25006
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megan25006.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by megan25006 »

I like how methodical and orderly this book is organized. It is quite easy to navigate and find exactly what you are looking for. I appreciate that the authors highlight the possible side effects and unintended consequences of the suggested treatments allowing readers to make fully informed decisions and know when it is important to consult their doctor before I experimenting with certain homeopathic methods.
Amethyst21
Currently Reading: think like a monk
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amethyst21.html
Latest Review: Black Beach by Olivia Rana

Post by Amethyst21 »

A must read book that provides useful information about anxiety and stress. Anxiety and stress a very common occurrence throughout the world especially during this COVID-19 Pandemic that we are currently living through. I recommend to any readers looking for remedies to minimise their daily stress and alleviate anxiety.
V-20
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-v-20.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by V-20 »

This book should trend nowadays since the number of people experiencing anxiety and stress is booming. It will help people to overcome this challenge in their life. I liked how the topic is well-explained to help stop the stigma. I will recommend this to psychology majors who are still studying, and people who I think need help now, especially during this pandemic.
Stay safe! Sending hugs
x Val
Palfree
Currently Reading: Holly and Homiicide
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palfree.html
Latest Review: What If They Knew by T.R.Hendrick

Post by Palfree »

I really enjoyed this book. I found it easy to read and informative. I thought it was good that anxiety and stress were explained. The author gave many practical suggestions. I would recommend this book for anyone who is wanting to relieve their stress and anxiety
Florence Nalianya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Florence Nalianya »

I like it when an author employs simple and meaningful language in bringing up informative content.Stress management will help out streamline societal issues that lead to depression.
JeanyJean
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeanyjean.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by JeanyJean »

I love the direct tone used by the author. Anxiety and stress are issues deeply rooted in today's society.. the author explains how to deal with stress and anxiety in a realistic manner. He even gives us the option of seeing a doctor.
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

NetMassimo wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 11:10 A lot of information about the possible methods to fight anxiety and stress. I liked that the authors included possible side-effects, doubts about the validity of some methods, and the possible need to talk to your doctor if you think about taking some substances. Overall, I had an excellent impression.
It's rare to find authors who are this refreshingly honest. I love the the author was realistic about it.
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

Kelebogile Mbangi wrote: 12 Oct 2020, 15:56
It's rare to find authors who are this refreshingly honest. I love the the author was realistic about it.
So true! Sometimes in this kind of book you find alleged miraculous remedies for any health issue, but in this case, you can see that health is really at the center of the authors' suggestions and it's not a simple "recipe" but something targeted to the individual with possible complications.
Ciao :)
Massimo
HannahsReads
Currently Reading: An Imperfect Crime
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahsreads.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by HannahsReads »

Anxiety is certainly a very real problem for many people. I liked that this book promotes multiple ways people suffering from anxiety and stress can treat themselves using safe and over-the-counter measures. However, I found the book hard to read because of its lack of editing and messy writing style, so I had to rate it 2 out of 4 stars.

Return to “Discuss "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD”