Overall rating and opinion of " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Use this forum to discuss the August 2020 Book of the month, " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.
namuyong
Currently Reading: Primal Encounter
Bookshelf Size: 21

Re: Overall rating and opinion of " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by namuyong »

The books agrees that children also experience stress and gives ideas on how to handle it is as a parent. All children are not the same.it is a good book for both parents and children.i give it a rating of four.
jokinyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jokinyo.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by jokinyo »

this book is very real. talking about stress and anxiety in children is just perfect.parents should read this book for there knowledge it has much to educate. i give a rating of 4 out of 4
BCSTATEN
Currently Reading: Thunderstruck
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bcstaten.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by BCSTATEN »

I really enjoyed this book. I felt that it was the perfect balance between scholarly and accessible. It was as informative as a textbook, but as easy to understand as the much less convincing pop psychology articles. I like it a lot and plan to implement some of the strategies included.
JB3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jb3.html
Latest Review: Shadow Game by A.M. Adair

Post by JB3 »

I rate it a 3 out of 4 I think that although it contained some good information some of the claims that the authors made seemed to be too good to be true. I also would have liked more information about methods other than supplements many of which seemed to have side effects that were just as bad if not worse than some of the medications. I also would have liked to have been given information on what each supplement was good for specifically as opposed to saying that it is good for anxiety.
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

I just got the book and I am ecstatic to read it. It has been on my bookshelf for a while. I did read the sample of the book, it seems quite interesting thus far.

Anxiety and stress are on the rise in our society. Unfortunately, they are affecting younger ages as well. This book discusses important issues that need to be addressed.
dtbrannon
Currently Reading: Making Sense of Life Explaining Genes & Telepathy
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtbrannon.html
Latest Review: Riven Calyx by Mark Leon Collins

Post by dtbrannon »

Years ago, one of my nephews, who regularly went to see a therapist, confided in me that the best therapy in the world is fishing. Even if you don't catch anything, a person is still able to relax, enjoy nature, and think through problems.

I have been fortunate in my life that I seem to be able to handle stress and anxiety well. I learned that deep-breathing is a definite way to lower your blood pressure. Still, though, there are times that I still work myself up into a rage, usually over nothing important. I used to hold all of that rage in until I just exploded. Now, I simply go ahead and have the outburst and carry on smartly. Much less pressure build-up! My coworkers have simply learned to ignore me.

This is definitely a book worth reading for those that have difficulty handling their stress and anxiety.
Sarah Schmidt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vine Witch
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-schmidt.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Post by Sarah Schmidt »

I'd rate this book 3 stars out of the 4. I think it provided a nice selection of alternative health practices and remedies, and I think that this guide would be a perfect fit for people suffering from anxiety and stress, though I think it's better to have a healthy balance between what's given in the book and what's advised by a health professional.
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

I deal with lots of daily stresses and by reading this book through once and starting it again, I have reduced some of my stress issues by implementing a few of the ideas taken from this book.
I also liked many of the great listings of herbal information given, as well as breathing techniques and many types of therapies that could bring calmness to a stress-filled mind.
Serenity2010
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serenity2010.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Serenity2010 »

I rated this book a four out of four stars. There are two points about the book that everyone should understand, there is some information for everyone to help assist with stress and anxiety and the book is written in terms everyone can grasp. The information provided is very informative. Two takeaways from the book for me is the way one looks at stress can reduce stress overall, and one's overall mindset in everyday things can reduce both stress and anxiety overall. This book has really helped me in my day-to-day stressful situations.
Danelle Cale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danelle-cale.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Danelle Cale »

I decided to read this book because my daughter has been dealing with anxiety and depression for years because of thyroid disease and Hoshimoto's disease. I was pleasantly surprised to find there are many natural treatments that I wasn't aware of before. I especially liked that the information about each treatment option was very thorough. I learned quite a bit from this book and because of that, and the thoroughness of the book, I would give the highest rating of 4 out of 4 stars.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I thought the book was a great compilation and overview of a multitude of alternative treatments for anxiety. I have tried some and plan to try some others. I gave the book 4 stars for being such an extensive look at this subject and for the good descriptions. I do wish the author had cited their research, but this was my only complaint.
Joseph Dunn
Currently Reading: The Paris mysteries
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-dunn.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Joseph Dunn »

I thought the book was great: it was clear and effective, and I was motivated to act on the suggestions before I finished reading it. The authors' exhaustive lists of interventions were what I liked most. From foods to breathing techniques, many treatments for stress and anxiety were covered. There were even tables included at the end for reference. There wasn't much I didn't like about this book, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for alternatives to prescription medications to improve quality of life.
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide by Gustavos Kinrys is a perfect guide that delves into overcoming prevalent anxiety and stress. It is well detailed, and I have grasped a variety of takeaways from it. For me, exercising and meditating are essential to subjugate mental health issues. In addition, having to surround yourself with nontoxic people might also help mitigate your stress. Consider taking a break from unhealthy people and treat yourself well. Overall, I rate this book 4 out 4 stars because of its explicit guideline that speaks its relevance and imperative. I highly recommend this book not just to all the mentally ill out there but to everyone as our mental health is wealth, and we should always protect and preserve it.
Abi McCoy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abi-mccoy.html
Latest Review: The Scrolls of the Bonefairy Castle by David Spiegel

Post by Abi McCoy »

I really enjoyed this work. It was well-written and straightforward, with great examples of what different symptoms may look like in different people. My favorite part was the discussion on distortions - I learned a lot from that section. My biggest dislike was that this work often discussed studies, research, and medical reports without any sort of reference or citation letting me know where the information came from.
I have already recommended this book to two people! I found it to be helpful as I usually have high stress, so I passed it on to two people I care about who also suffer from stress/anxiety.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

I really liked this book. It is unlike most of the other "medical handbooks" which give you a couple of overused, generic exercises which are already available on the internet. I also loved how straightforward the author's approach is. The exercises in this book have been listed along with their possible side-effects, which is a bonus point for honesty. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Return to “Discuss "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD”