Overall rating and opinion of " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Use this forum to discuss the August 2020 Book of the month, " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Overall rating and opinion of " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by gali »

This is a discussion topic for the August 2020 Book of the month, " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

The books starts off by explaining what anxiety and stress are, and how it has become such common terms in our day to day lives. It goes on to explain the remedies and biochemicals responsible for our feelings that deals with stress and well-being. It also outlines stress management strategies, breathing exercises and meditation to help in relieving the build of stress and anxiety.

I would rate the book four out of four. All the chapters are informative and educational. This is the first time I'm actually reading a book such as this, but it was a great read. I could relate the reasons for my stressful days while reading the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy section of the book. I would definitely recommend others to read it.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

A lot of information about the possible methods to fight anxiety and stress. I liked that the authors included possible side-effects, doubts about the validity of some methods, and the possible need to talk to your doctor if you think about taking some substances. Overall, I had an excellent impression.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

Anxiety and stress have been a common issue in society. Today, more people are going through these problems without knowing how to handle them. Gustavo's layout is simple and strategic. The language used is also easy to understand. There's nothing I dislike about it. Yes, I'd recommend and share this book with everyone interested to read on or those suffering from anxiety and stress. It's a book I will keep on my top shelf.
Nelson Reviews
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nelson-reviews.html
Latest Review: Puzzle of Fate by A. Reza Kamarei
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Nelson Reviews »

Anxiety is a Vast Context

Nevertheless, the authors of this book elaborated everything there is about anxiety! In a way that anyone can understand and apply the remedies to help overcome this emotional defect (Anxiety).

Furthermore, I believe the authors' efforts to put up this novel are odd. The research done and solutions offered for natural management of Stress and Anxiety are tremendous. This is why I can't give this book anything less than 4 out of 4 stars.
keiyoshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keiyoshi.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by keiyoshi »

I really like how the book was straightforward and direct even from the beginning. It is a relatively easy and smooth read. It started on defining the terms relevant to anxiety and stress before suggesting ways on how to relieve and handle them.

The book is definitely a recommended read, especially right now when the whole COVID-19 quarantine situation is starting to take a toll on other people's mental health.
credman01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-credman01.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by credman01 »

As someone who has struggled with stress and anxiety, I believe this book is fantastic. It has given me new ideas on how to manage my stress and anxiety and I could not have done this on my own. I originally read this book when it first came out and used to have a copy, however, it is always refreshing to keep healthy habits.

For anyone else out there that needs help understanding and managing their own stress or anxiety, I strongly recommend this book with a 4 out of 4 stars. Hopefully, others will recognize the importance of maintaining a healthy mind.
Howlan
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading: War Graves
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-howlan.html
Latest Review: The Soviet Comeback by Jamie Smith

Post by Howlan »

This book is a proper informative guide to people who want to know about anxiety and stress as well as the methods to counter those problems. It provides detailed guidance about anxiety and stress, often delving into the science of such a reaction from our body. It lists the symptoms and what causes those symptoms and provides a wide range of remedies to help us overcome these.
The part I liked was the section "Stress and Anxiety Management," which has a piece of great information about keeping our stress under control by understanding it and what we need to do to keep it in check.
Malu_2020
Currently Reading: How to Generate and Earn Royalty Income
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malu-2020.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by Malu_2020 »

I like the fact that the book is direct and straight forward has avoided medical jargons
Dominik_G
Currently Reading: Secret Window
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominik-g.html
Latest Review: A Long Dark Rainbow by Michael Tappenden

Post by Dominik_G »

In my opinion, [i]Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide[/i] offered lots of useful information in an easy-to-understand way. I found it especially important that before discussing possible natural remedies, it took the time to teach the reader about stress and anxiety in general, and that even though it primarily focuses on non-medical treatment options, it does not employ a tone that shames or blames those who do feel the need to resort to medication. I also appreciated the huge variety of the methods, techniques, and possibilities it presented.

All in all, I was impressed with the book, and I'm happy to give it a full score of 4 out of 4.
Guda Lydia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guda-lydia.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Guda Lydia »

The book starts direct and to the point. It broadly and exhaustively defines what anxiety is and it's various effects both physically, mentally and emotionally. It also touches on the various known causes of anxiety and stress. I also love that the book also states several methods or solutions to deal with and reduce anxiety and stress. I feel this is important especially now, when most of us suffer from these conditions. Sadly due to various life challenges and traumas, cases of depression and other anxiety related complications are on the rise. I feel the book will make some sort of impact in the reader's mind. There's definitely something to grasp and apply from the read.
ankushavhad
Favorite Book: Gardening With Guns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ankushavhad.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by ankushavhad »

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD, is a self-help and a "need of the age" book of the age we adopt the stressful life of the race. Both Anxiety and Stress are the challenging health conditions driven by mental stress, look unimportant yet threat to attach and sometimes stroke-like extremities. In general, these emotionally triggered conditions are often ignored. The good thing in this book is that the author did hit a right on the subject by making a common reader aware of the challenges. The book rightly composed information from symptoms, side effects (of allopathic medicines), and suggested the best way of copping them with natural remedies. The natural elements such as herbal remedies, meditation, and relaxation techniques made easy. The book is rated high for the reason of the info, subject, and the author’s authenticity in the subject. The techniques suggested are excellent mechanisms that everyone can understand.

There is nothing that can be really pointed out in the book that I can claim to dislike. I wished to see more examples of real-life cases quoted by bonafide beneficiaries. Overall the book deserves 4/4.
joenduga12
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joenduga12.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by joenduga12 »

Stress and anxiety are things of the mind, which can be difficult to manage. But Gustavo nicely outline several strategies to remedy stress and anxieties. One thing a like especially about the is the level of grammar used by him. Very simple and straightforward; perhaps having in mind those with limited education, because those are the ones needs this advice the most.

Personally I rate this 4 out of 4, and recommend is to everybody, because we have these common problems we are all facing, all humans, stress and anxiety.
shish_by_design
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 66">Strong Heart</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shish-by-design.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by shish_by_design »

I'm really impressed with this book. Not only does it give you insight into the main causes of anxiety, the symptoms and understanding panic attacks, it also teaches the role that one's diet has in developing anxiety, and which diet to subscribe to in order to combat it. I would highly recommend this book.
houligan19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houligan19.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by houligan19 »

I have read about half of the book so far and it has a lot of great information in it. I have studied natural stress remedies for a little while, and was excited to find some things I had heard of and knew were good and also many new things. I am glad I chose to read this book.

Return to “Discuss "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD”