Any anxiety-reducing methods not mentioned in the book?

Use this forum to discuss the August 2020 Book of the month, " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Re: Any anxiety-reducing methods not mentioned in the book?

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

Pretty giftee wrote: 24 Aug 2020, 03:53 :!:
Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 22:18
Pretty giftee wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 17:03 Listen to music has really been of great help to me over the years.the way it help me reduce stress and anxiety by replacing every of fear and insecurities with peace is one thing I still can't explain.
Music is very broad, which type of music is ideal for releasing stress and anxiety?
It depends on the individual and also on the persons mood, because I have different songs for different mood.
Music is a powerful tool and the fact that you have a variety to choose from, means you’ll always having something up when its needed.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:

himawari333 wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 02:16 I've found that activities that engage your tactile sense is often a good way to cope with anxiety, especially if you're in the middle of an anxiety attack. Whether it be getting your hands dirty through gardening and making things out of clay, or through simple things like petting your dog's fur, washing the dishes, or running your hands and fingers through fabric with a texture you like. The point is to focus on the activity at hand rather than letting your thoughts spiral out of control.
I agree. And as taught by Gustavo, By controlling your thoughts, you can reflect on your current stressors and ultimately find a solution.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:

shirleym89 wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 06:08 Listening to calm music is a method that I believe works very well. I wish that it had been mentioned in the book.
Lo-fi beats work for me. They can be used while working and even meditating.
ReadMeow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readmeow.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by ReadMeow »

I definitely think caring for an animal in some capacity is a great way to reduce anxiety and stress, especially equines. If you don't have access to horses, you could try brushing your cat or dog or petting them or playing with them or practicing tricks, etc. This method takes your focus off your own troubles and helped release the satisfaction chemicals in your brain. Furthermore, spending time with animals has been clinically proven to reduce stress and improve mood.
difu
Currently Reading: The Demon of the Well
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-difu.html
Latest Review: Spirit of the Season by Brian Lamont

Post by difu »

Yeah, this book is definitely very thorough, most of the anxiety and stress treatment mentioned are very informative and educating. Personally, dancing is the best remedy for my anxiety and stress.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

I think caring for/playing with animals helps. I don’t realize it at the time, but after playing with my niece’s dog, I feel so much lighter.

I was surprised my go-to stress reliever was not only included, but it had a name (mоving mеditаtiоn). I lace up my walking shoes and head outside whenever I need stress relief. I was also amazed and the breadth of methods the book covered.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Helen91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen91.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Helen91 »

I think that when it comes to managing anxiety, one will have to choose what works for them and stick to it. For me, deep breathing, serene space, writing are some ways that help me stay calm
AbhyarnaAman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhyarnaaman.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by AbhyarnaAman »

Howlan wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 12:12
Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 10:06
AbhyarnaAman wrote: 30 Aug 2020, 02:10 when so many methods of anxiety reduction are mentioned in the book, it is up to a stressed-out individual to find out the best-suited method for him/her, which may be easily accessible.
True, you should align yourself with a remedy that suits you. Trying out the different remedies given by Gustavo is a good start in finding out what is workable.
Yes, and not to mention the sheer amount of remedies mentioned in this book makes it a good start for anyone. And the simplicity of these remedies makes anyone easily practice these tasks. For example, keeping yourself hydrated is an natural remedy that can be practised by anyone any day.
As you mention this simple remedy to stay hydrated and less stressed out, I would add that at times the remedy is quite simple but we remain ignorant unless someone points out. So, when in need its best to reach out to friends or family or to books like this.
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
Drado_27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drado-27.html
Latest Review: Manasakd by Kelly May Andrews

Post by Drado_27 »

I can recommend some things I found myself to be effective. When feeling overwhelmed, try talking a walk. If you have a dog that's even better. Walks can really do wonder for your mental health. Sometimes I can't grasp what is happening around me, but when I take a walk I feel instantly better. Being by yourself just makes some things click. One more thing I find relaxing when having a stressful day is lighting a candle. There is something so peaceful about it.
Mitesh Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mitesh-sharma.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Post by Mitesh Sharma »

I felt that the book thoroughly mentioned all the possible ways to burst stress and anxiety, and there is no other addition required in it.
honesty_pays
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honesty-pays.html
Latest Review: Oldogs by Kip Cassino

Post by honesty_pays »

Different broad topics we're discussed by the author on the methods to relieve stress and anxiety. Although these are effective but wouldn't work for all individuals as different people relief stress in different ways. For instance I relief stress by lying on the floor and closing my eyes in a room completely silent and breath gently.
Latest Review: Oldogs by Kip Cassino
Ochieng Omuodo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Intrepid Brotherhood
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ochieng-omuodo.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ochieng Omuodo »

Anxiety has a very personalised aspect to it. If you do something that you enjoy just for the sake of it, then you're conquring it.
KCWolf
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Dark Corners
Currently Reading: Julu
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcwolf.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by KCWolf »

anoushka_thakur wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 23:09 I think each person has their own way of dealing with anxiety and stress. All these methods may not be discussed in the book. I believe the practice remains in the hand of the person going through stress and anxiety. Whatever suits them curb anxiety can be a remidy for them.
I agree 100 percent. Different things work for different people.
Currently writing: Charmed Lives, Sovereign Eyes, and Corithian Saga
Recent Binge watch: MSTK3, Midsomer Murders, the Office
KQu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kqu.html
Latest Review: Inferno Dawn by Jacob Emrey

Post by KQu »

I agree with animal therapy. Driving with my dog, sleeping in my lap, keeps me calm and prevents road rage.
I also use essential oils. Lavender and chamomile are both know for their calming effects. Whether in a tea, diffused into the air or rubbed directly into the skin, I find them very helpful in stress relief.
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by viczboy16 »

I believe ones stress level drops when a goal is achieved. For instance, I have a deadline to meet up, it's normal for anxiety and stress to step into the picture, but once I meet the deadline, the stress level drops. I can say achieving a goal can also ease stress and anxiety to an extent.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Return to “Discuss "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD”