Positive and Negative Stressors

Use this forum to discuss the August 2020 Book of the month, " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.
Jack Robbinson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-robbinson.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Re: Positive and Negative Stressors

Post by Jack Robbinson »

The book talks about stressors (reasons for one to stress) being of two types- positive and negative. I always believed stress was not good emotionally and physically, basically negative.
But now that I think about it, an assignment which you can solve with some hours of studying should be positive stress. Am I thinking right? Do you have any better examples?
Mercylib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercylib.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Mercylib »

I totally believe that stress has both positive and negative effects. I'd probably say "positive stress" is that which helps us adapt to a situation (often a new situation) by pushing us to optimize it the best we can.
Ngozi mouau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-mouau.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ngozi mouau »

I believe that both negative and positive stresses can have unique effects on our minds. It is true that both types of stress can yield both positive and negative consequences. When confronted with stress stemming from negative aspects of life, I personally opt to transform that stress into something positive. This mindset compels me to actively seek ways to convert the negative experiences into opportunities for positive growth and outcomes.

Return to “Discuss "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD”