Natural options can substitute medicaments totally?

Use this forum to discuss the August 2020 Book of the month, " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.
Nedbrian
Currently Reading: Into the Hand of a Woman
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedbrian.html
Latest Review: Different Family Structures by Mildred Stallworth

Re: Natural options can substitute medicaments totally?

Post by Nedbrian »

The world is getting relatively busy recently and no one often has the time to inculcate natural methods into the busy schedules and lifestyle. As such, we often see ourselves indulging in more of medications and less of natural remedies. I mean, who has the energy and time to think of carrying out meditational exercises every minute or yoga classes prior to work or even in the spare time one gets out of work.
Praise George-kayode
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-george-kayode.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Praise George-kayode »

I would say it depends on the level of stress and disorder the person is. I want to believe natural medications can completely substitute for the traditional medications. I might be wrong tho.

But if the situation is a critical one, I would definitely advice to take traditional medications cos natural medication takes a while to work and requires the whole body and mind to sucuum to its new treatment
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

I am the person that aviods medicaments at all costs. My fist is always up for natural products, but there should be some space where we should use regular medications to help us live proper life.
Atieno Magero
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

I think both methods should be applied. They work well together and can bring about more progress when it comes to dealing with anxiety and stress. But I think it's depends on individual peoples wants and preferences.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

gabrielletiemi wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 14:16 The author talks about a lot of methods to help with stress and anxiety, for example, meditation and yoga, which are indeed helpful in dealing with those issues. In my opinion, nowadays, the natural options don't substitute traditional medicine, I think they are complementary to each other.
But I'd like to know your opinion about this topic: do you think those natural methods can substitute the traditional and conventional use of medicaments? If not now, do you think they will ever be able to substitute them?
I agree with you. The natural options do not replace conventional medication completely, especially in severe cases of anxiety.

Maybe in mild cases of stress and anxiety, the methods discussed would be great options to try and practice regularly as ways to handle the stress, waaay before jumping to taking pills.
In my opinion, pills are to be a last resort, after trying natural methods.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Sararob06
Currently Reading: Anna Karenina
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sararob06.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Sararob06 »

I don’t think natural options for stress relief will ever completely wipe out the need for medical options. There will always be situations where someone responds better to one or the other, perhaps even people who respond to a combination of both. I don’t think the two categories should be mutually exclusive either. Every body is different and everybody responds differently to stress.
jokinyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jokinyo.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by jokinyo »

Medication can be at some point helpful, when the stress experinced is at high level not even yoga nor meditation can help. One will just need isolation and medication
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

It would depend on the source of anxiety. Some anxiety are symptoms of more serious medical issues. It would seem prudent to be in the middle ground with this one. Medicine is not all bad and I think it will still stick around.
SunVixen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunvixen.html
Latest Review: Tau Ceti: A Ship from Earth by George T. Hahn

Post by SunVixen »

It depends on how bad the case is. In some severe cases, medications are really needed.
Sarah Schmidt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vine Witch
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-schmidt.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Post by Sarah Schmidt »

I would recommend a healthy balance of both. Being too dependent on traditional medication might invite a host of new problems, but completely omitting them from a healing cycle is just opening grounds for trouble. Find a medium that works and stick with it.
K+SQUARE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-square.html
Latest Review: The King of May by Matthew Tysz

Post by K+SQUARE »

Personally, both methods make for an awesome combination. They complement each other rather than inhibit.
Jaidyn Taylor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaidyn-taylor.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Jaidyn Taylor »

I don’t think they can substitute real medicine, but I like how you said they complement one another. I think there are certain things that can be “cured” with home remedies and natural methods, and other things where natural methods just don’t work. We have medicines for a reason, but I think, in the right situation, a natural method could work. But I think some people rely too heavily on natural methods. Unless you’re avoiding medicines for religious reasons, then, in my opinion, you’re only doing more damage to yourself.
Gabrielle Sigaki
Currently Reading: Business Basics BootCamp
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielle-sigaki.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Gabrielle Sigaki »

SunVixen wrote: 15 Nov 2020, 05:51 It depends on how bad the case is. In some severe cases, medications are really needed.
Indeed, there are some situations when there is no other alternative. However, some of the methods could be helpful in the severe cases too. For example, yoga and meditation.
Chizioboli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chizioboli.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Chizioboli »

I would say these natural methods are far better substitutes than the conventional medications. Medications have side effects alongside addiction but these natural methods do not as they target the specific affected part to carry out their effects
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

Natural medicines can most definitely replace traditional medicines, but it is not necessary for everyone. In these conditions, every individual is different, and so are the treatment methods. But yes, natural remedies and alternative medicine has life-changing potential.

Return to “Discuss "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD”