Natural options can substitute medicaments totally?

Use this forum to discuss the August 2020 Book of the month, " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.
DominikaS
Favorite Book: Picasso At The Lapin Agile
Currently Reading: Hollywood
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominikas.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Re: Natural options can substitute medicaments totally?

Post by DominikaS »

Dominik_G wrote: 02 Aug 2020, 03:47 I have to agree. In my opinion, if the anxiety or stress someone experiences is debilitating to the point where the person cannot lead a satisfactory life, medication might be needed. However, the two (natural and medical options) aren't mutually exclusive. In severe cases, it might be the best to combine them.
I agree with this, but I also think that sometimes people aren't willing to try the other methods because they might think that taking medication is easier than attending yoga classes or exercise.
SophiaNd
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophiand.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by SophiaNd »

Personally, I feel the natural method is always the way to go. Even the medicaments stemmed from natural methods too. I also believe that even long after the medical methods are gone, natural methods still remains potent through time.
glubglub200
Currently Reading: The Giver
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glubglub200.html
Latest Review: Mr. Germ by Itzel Machado

Post by glubglub200 »

I think there's a possibility that they could substitute them fully but mainly it depends on the person. One person can do natural remedies for the rest of their life and be good and dandy but another person could be missing something and need medication.
Shatakshi Gauriar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shatakshi-gauriar.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Shatakshi Gauriar »

I would prefer natural methods over medicine any day. First off, natural methods have no side effect unlike medication which can have severe side effects.
Yoga is one of the best stress relieving methods, it can calm your mind, make you peaceful and can help you to concentrate not to mentions some amazing results regarding our body like keeping us in shape.
Eriny Youssef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriny-youssef.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Eriny Youssef »

When it comes to anxiety and stress, I think medications are not at all a good idea. It's just a personal opinion. I believe, meditation and self reflection, practicing stillness, finding a calm center for oneself are all quite effective. If the person has enough will and discipline, of course.
Spani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spani.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Spani »

I do not think one method could totally replace the other. A use of both methods to complement each other would be best.
Spani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spani.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Spani »

Natural merhods cannot ever replace western medicine simply because of people like me. I trust medicine more than natural methods. If I were to use natural healing methods it would be for very minor cases.
Aurora1114
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora1114.html
Latest Review: Road to Delano by John DeSimone

Post by Aurora1114 »

I think it totally depends on your stress levels and varies from person to person. Mild anxiety and stress can be relieved with traditional and natural methods. However, for more severe cases medications may be essential. I think they both compliment each other.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

I think the option for natural methods or traditional and conventional medicaments will depend on the stress and anxiety levels of an individual. Also, I do not encourage people to explore alternative medicines before consulting with experts.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

I definitely think that it has to do with how serious someone’s anxiety is. Some people can be helped with just yoga or meditation, but others with more serious situations will need traditional treatment and medications. I also think complimenting the natural options with medicine can work for many people. It really depends on the person because different people need different treatments sometimes. What works for one person might not work for another.
strange07
Currently Reading: Tomboy
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strange07.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by strange07 »

Personally, I think one method cannot be used to replace the other. In fact combination of both methods would be more effective rather than omitting one.
Ayindelaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayindelaw.html
Latest Review: The Raven's Trail (Book 1) by Liz D. Marx

Post by Ayindelaw »

Me too. I think natural methods are only supplementary for now. As time goes on, natural methods will become more prevalent but I don't think they can completely take over the anxiety a reduction space.
Jennifer Aldo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-aldo.html
Latest Review: War Tower by Joseph Leo DeCelle

Post by Jennifer Aldo »

I believe natural methods can substitute medications. However, it's largely dependent on severity.
Eriny Youssef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriny-youssef.html

Post by Eriny Youssef »

B Creech wrote: 03 Aug 2020, 12:09 I think if the natural approach is utilized early enough it can be the only treatment one needs. I would say you have to already be someone who practices meditation and natural ways of dealing with life. One can't wait until they are carrying so much stress they are overwhelmed to learn to apply meditation and other natural methods to their coping skills! Sometimes things can get so stressful we have to have medicinal help to cope with the anxiety.
I couldn't agree more. But, I think that everyone should practice meditation, especially nowadays. Even if they are far too stressed, they should try and start practicing, and eventually they will catch up. I regard meditation as the most important cure to stress and anxiety, but also, it helps prevent them. It can be used as a proactive method to ensure no additional stress will pile or accumulate.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

Eriny Youssef wrote: 29 Oct 2020, 12:18
B Creech wrote: 03 Aug 2020, 12:09 I think if the natural approach is utilized early enough it can be the only treatment one needs. I would say you have to already be someone who practices meditation and natural ways of dealing with life. One can't wait until they are carrying so much stress they are overwhelmed to learn to apply meditation and other natural methods to their coping skills! Sometimes things can get so stressful we have to have medicinal help to cope with the anxiety.
I couldn't agree more. But, I think that everyone should practice meditation, especially nowadays. Even if they are far too stressed, they should try and start practicing, and eventually they will catch up. I regard meditation as the most important cure to stress and anxiety, but also, it helps prevent them. It can be used as a proactive method to ensure no additional stress will pile or accumulate.
I have been trying to get into meditation recently but I have a lot more work to do to get there!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Return to “Discuss "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD”