Natural options can substitute medicaments totally?

Use this forum to discuss the August 2020 Book of the month, " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.
Alice Festo
Favorite Book: Deceitful Survival
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-festo.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Re: Natural options can substitute medicaments totally?

Post by Alice Festo »

It depends on the stress level, I believe the reactions differ for different people. I will opt for natural medicine in the first instance but the alternatives come in handy in other situations, it's my opinion that they compliment each other.
Nichole Kurns
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Still Life
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nichole-kurns.html
Latest Review: Intricate Mandalas with Inspirational Quotes: by Big Initial Studios

Post by Nichole Kurns »

Natural remedies/methods can be used in place of medicine only when stress and anxiety is not debilitating. I believe once you can not fully participate in life is when medication should be introduced.
lillyk12
Currently Reading: The Last Assassination
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lillyk12.html
Latest Review: Architect of Death at Auschwitz by John W Primomo

Post by lillyk12 »

i believe it simply depends on your stress level. If it becomes unbearable and no amount of yoga and meditation will calm your mind, then you may want to seek medical
help.
However, I personally use the Bach Rescue Remedy drops whenever I feel the anxiety creeping up and since they are all natural they also make me feel better taking them than popping a pill.
Hester3
Currently Reading: I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hester3.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Hester3 »

B Creech wrote: 03 Aug 2020, 12:09 I think if the natural approach is utilized early enough it can be the only treatment one needs. I would say you have to already be someone who practices meditation and natural ways of dealing with life. One can't wait until they are carrying so much stress they are overwhelmed to learn to apply meditation and other natural methods to their coping skills! Sometimes things can get so stressful we have to have medicinal help to cope with the anxiety.
I have to agree with you, if your lifestyle includes natural practises it will came natural to use these practises when dealing with stress and anxiety. But you can not start, and expect success if you are at a point where you are not coping.
Timothy Rucinski
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: The Nutmeg of Consolation
Bookshelf Size: 605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: The Socratic Contract by D C Russell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 24%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

I have suffered from chronic depression going back to the late 1990's. For nearly twenty years I took medications to curb the downward spiral. But get this. Last year I took control of my health by dropping 30 pounds, exercising regularly, drinking plenty of water and forming a more positive outlook for a man in his 60's. And one day I just decided to not refill my prescription. I have been free of the anti-depressants for about 10 months and couldn't feel better about my health and my mental state. By now, with the chaos inflicting the USA, I had feared that I might spiral downward again given all the negativity. Guess what? Nope. Feeling great, without the drugs. So what they say about a healthy diet leading to a positive outlook seems to be right on point.
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

If only we could cure ourselves with natural remedies! A healthy lifestyle, healthy food, reduce sugar and salt intake, get enough sun: all of these are important to achieve health, together with natural remedies. Unfortunately, sometimes it is just necessary to take medicaments. I personally try to take as few conventional drugs as possible but when I get a (stress-related) migraine attack, I have no other option (I have tried all possible natural remedies and none is able to stop one of these attacks).
Olabode Joshua
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olabode-joshua.html
Latest Review: Natural Born Gangster: The Legend of Chris Bell by C J H Moore
Reading Device: B0042D75TU

Post by Olabode Joshua »

In my opinion, yes they can, Gabrielletiemi. Natural methods and medications for anxiety can replace the drugs being used today. Although it will take a while, but eventually, natural methods can and will replace drugs.
Remember, we are passers-by in this realm
mustaharleena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by mustaharleena »

Natural methods work best if the patient is in touch with and in control of their inner person. However, there are severe cases where natural methods alone are not sufficient enough. Thereby, my opinion is that natural methods and medications complement one another.
Eareeves99
Currently Reading: The Beautiful Ones
Bookshelf Size: 326
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eareeves99.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Eareeves99 »

I am a supporter of natural methods of stress managment; however, prescription medications should not be counted out. Natural methods are preferable for long-term management as part of a healthy lifestyle as they do not have any negative side effects. Prescription treatments may have side effects that are undesirable, but they also save lives and should be considered to get over a hump. No one should feel guilty for needing extra professional support.
Pamela Bianca Mas
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Drank the Moon
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pamela-bianca-mas.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
Reading Device: B00TREI0F2

Post by Pamela Bianca Mas »

I believe that our minds are powerful and if we could only master how to use it well, then natural options are all we will be needing. So, hopefully, someday I think they could be enough on their own and we could be free of prescription. But, either options are acceptable, and we have to keep in mind that Different people deal with different means.
Pamela Bianca Mas
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Van112 »

I believe that the need for modern day medicine and natural medicine deoends on the situation of the patient. Resorting to natural remedies can be a big help for those who are preventing or at an early stage of a disease. It goes hand in hand with modern medicine.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav
luchi123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchi123.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by luchi123 »

I think that the choice of the one to use between the two depends on the severity of the stress. I think that traditional medicine is faster and preferable for very serious cases and medical emergencies. Nonetheless, results from natural methods are progressive in nature and require dedication in many cases to provide a permanent solution.
fancyjg
Favorite Book: Timewise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fancyjg.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by fancyjg »

Stress vary from one individual to another hence the methods used can be used concurrent that is the natural methods and the traditional, its up to the individual to decide what works best but if both work the better.
Marloo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marloo.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Marloo »

I think, in some degree, natural options can subsitute medicine, but not always. Nowadays we get more and more input from the outside on our senses, and if you live a busy life — not necessarily by choice, like having two jobs to uphold your household — it can stress you out even more combined with the economical factor. Then things like meditation can maybe calm you down for a while, but on the longterm I don’t think it will do the same as medicine, which is are designed for this very purpose.
Eutoc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eutoc.html
Latest Review: My Ups And Downs by Sam Barder

Post by Eutoc »

Illnesses are mostly cured when the right natural measures are taken. Even medications end up makes the body system revert to natural state that'd make us feel better. When it comes to stress, I think medications should come after. Medications are easy to come by but they aren't as effective when the appropriate natural care is taken.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Discuss "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD”