How early does it start?

Use this forum to discuss the August 2020 Book of the month, " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Re: How early does it start?

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

It can start at any age, right from a toddler(genetic disorders) to old age(life experiences). The important thing is to be vigilant and aware about how you feel, and those around you feel. Especially for children, as they are not mature enough to look at their issues sometimes. That being said, it is important not to over sensitize these things, or watch them like a hawk. Balance is necessary.
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran

Post by Namaste23 »

Children need to understand their feelings rather than internalizing them. If you are able to process your feelings in a healthy way as a child then you are set up to process them in a healthy way in adulthood. If you have to internalize them, you don't understand them, therefore, you don't know how to process them as an adult.
Simmons32
Currently Reading: Cengage Advantage Books
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simmons32.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Simmons32 »

I remember feeling stressed as early as the third grade. Unfortunately, it was enough stress to wreak havoc on my insides and create medical problems by the time I was a teenager. This did not happen because of other people. It was as simple as me hating school, and I was too young to really know what stress was. Therefore, I wasn't sure how to talk about how I was feeling or that I should talk about it. I have learned my lesson in the sense that I intend to do everything in my power to make sure my kids don't feel this way. If I had learned many of the techniques in this book earlier in my life, maybe some things might have turned out differently.
Cwaganagwa Dorothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwaganagwa-dorothy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cwaganagwa Dorothy »

I think it starts as soon as a baby is born into this world. For example, imagine a child whose needs have been ignored. (1) It affects the child's growth. Think of their psychological and physiological appearance and growth. The confidence of the child is also affected. If it is much, the child was responded to positively, and if it is low, then the child was negatively impacted. Their interaction may also be affected.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Post by Hager Salem »

It can start very early, unfortunately. the type pressure applied from parents, schools and societies can be really harmful.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

Nerea wrote: 07 Aug 2020, 13:56 Good question. I think the practices can also help children because it's at a tender age that one starts to learn things that will help them make better decisions as they grow to become adults. Notice this proverb that says; "Train a boy/child in the way he should go; Even when he grows old he will not depart from it." So the practices can help the children as well. Anxiety or stress does not respect age.
Yes I believe you, it doesn't have a particular stage or age.
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

From where I am from, anxiety is not a major theme it is oblivious to society but it plays a vital role in our lives as we grow up. I think if we need to reduce the rate of anxiety in society, we should start with kids and help track any physiological activities that would lead to anxiety and stress.
Maria Ferreira Silva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-ferreira-silva.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Maria Ferreira Silva »

I think children should be taught that its ok to have and shown emotion and help them deal with it and not just ignore it and minimize them. Sometimes the problem starts at the childhood because no one helps them to deal with this situations.
Mellino Itz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

Personally I think children should be the primary target. Most stress and anxiety I go through today is most due to the philosophies and things I was exposed to by most uninformed adults I encountered while growing up. Children should be enlightened at a very wrong age on how to manage their stress and anxiety level this would help them as they grow up.
Chris Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakazuka.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Chris Azuka »

These problems actually start from a very young age although it might not be noticed soon. The feeling of anxiety is very common and the practices listed in the book would be of help to both adults and children.
Nicky Rita
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicky-rita.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nicky Rita »

The practices can undoubtedly benefit children. Having an understanding guide will reduce stress and anxiety.
Mimi JJ1
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mimi-jj1.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Mimi JJ1 »

Quite too early
Great book I read
The author did great
Mimi JJ1
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mimi-jj1.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Mimi JJ1 »

Quite too early
Great book I read
The author did great
koffi Malay
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koffi-malay.html
Latest Review: Mryyh for Mafia Men by C.R. Fulton

Post by koffi Malay »

As people mature, the ideas and philosophies they were raised with begin to take on a more realistic perspective. Despite the fact that they still recall what they were told, the gravity of what they find compels them to behave differently.
Jack Robbinson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-robbinson.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Jack Robbinson »

To me children have ways to relief their anxieties supposedly different from the ways adults do. These greatly depends on the facts that their level of anxieties and worries are lower, as well as their basis for having them. By and large, what they need from their parent or guidance is an assurance and never a dismissal.

Return to “Discuss "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD”