Take responsability and relax.

Use this forum to discuss the August 2020 Book of the month, " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Re: Take responsability and relax.

Post by Yvonne Monique »

I completely agree with this statement. Nowadays, too easily people tend to blame others (politicians, banks, institutions, God etc.) for the problems in their lives. This is the easy way out, but the path to real success in all aspects in life, is to take responsibility for one's own life. Once you realise this, anxiety will decrease or even disappear too.
luchi123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchi123.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by luchi123 »

An example of this is what I do when things fail. I take responsibility for it and do not think too much about it. I do my best to avoid regret because it is a common source of stress.
moonopam
Currently Reading: Four Kittens in the Bathroom
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moonopam.html
Latest Review: Do I Need a Will or a Trust by Taylor Willingham

Post by moonopam »

:lol2: I like what my friend would do when stressed, she would put music and danced to her favourite music and she just gathered her friends around her and tell jokes which she said was quiet a relaxing.
Taiwo_Olawoye
Currently Reading: OldEarth Aram Encounter
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1femi1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Taiwo_Olawoye »

Taking full responsibility for our actions helps us to visualize our weakness and put them in perspective. It helps us to relax better and prevent us from living our lives based on someone else expectations of us.
Marloo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marloo.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Marloo »

Taking responsibility is a good thing to do. If you own your life up, you can change it: better it, worsen it, take another direction, do something new. That’s not possible without accepting this responsibilty. You’ll stand on the sideline watching others lead their life and wonder why it doesn’t feel like enough. There are, ofcourse, factors that influence life, but change starts always with freedom — let it be having freedom or fighting for freedom — and with that freedom comes responsibility.
SophiaNd
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophiand.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by SophiaNd »

The step of taking responsibility for decisions and actions is very important for anyone to live a happy and successful life. Until you get to the stage where you know you have to accept the outcome of your decisions, we will keep pushing blames for events in our lives.
DominikaS
Favorite Book: Picasso At The Lapin Agile
Currently Reading: Hollywood
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominikas.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by DominikaS »

I think that the author is right here, but it is also difficult to do that at times. Sometimes it is hard to accept and 'embrace' negative things about yourself, especially mental health wise, but i also think that taking charge of it is one of the keys ways to combat it.
AJ_Williams011
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aj-williams011.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by AJ_Williams011 »

Taking responsibility has always been a tricky question for me when I was a teen. If I take responsibility for my actions, I'd get punished and as a teenager with heightened feelings of being hated by everyone in the world, I often tried to avoid that. But as I reflect on it, it tells a lot about my past character. I am incapable of handling tasks or facing the consequences caused by my choices, which creates a great deal of anxiety and pressure. Well, of course, we're all trying to grow and learn from our mistakes. It's the only thing we could do that could justify our past decisions.
All those paper people living in their paper houses, burning the future to stay warm.
– Margo Roth Spiegelman in Paper Towns
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Beatus »

I believe it is more complicated than that. It should start with how one defines responsibility in his/her mind and in his/her actions. Everyone you see has a different definition and that is why you see people acting differently even in the same circumstances.
Spani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spani.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Spani »

Yes. Taking responsibility for oneself healthwise is the way to go. No one would take care of you better than yourself 😊
joynob24365
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joynob24365.html
Latest Review: Weeping Goes Unheard by Lucia Mann

Post by joynob24365 »

I agree with the author. You should take full responsibility of your life because you're the one in charge of it. It also helps with self confidence.
Ayindelaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayindelaw.html
Latest Review: The Raven's Trail (Book 1) by Liz D. Marx

Post by Ayindelaw »

Yes, we should take control and relax! I remember a movie where the villains always tell their agents to "take a deep breath and clear your mind" whenever in trouble. Getting rest is mostly in our hands. I relax by taking a shower with cold water and going off to bed.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I feel that this is the key to reducing our stress and anxiety. That is, taking responsibility and to relax. My reasoning is because it is working for me and it makes a world of difference.

Learning how to relax can be a chLlenge but it CAN be done. The minute we have these feelings is when you should be asking yourself specific questions such as: why am I feeling like this?, what can I do differently?,
Ogbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86

Post by Ogbara »

Taking responsibility for yourself is very important, it helps you identify your weakness and tells you your limits, and the n you can know when to relax and when to push yourself harder if necessary.
Nedbrian
Currently Reading: Into the Hand of a Woman
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedbrian.html
Latest Review: Different Family Structures by Mildred Stallworth

Post by Nedbrian »

If we continue to run from issues, those issues remain unsolved. However, as soon as we face these things in a battle and strategize ways to tackle them, then we get a better hold of it. As such, taking responsibility requires understanding the situation and this makes one to relax and watch things change for the better.

Return to “Discuss "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD”