Fear as anxiety disorder symptoms

Use this forum to discuss the August 2020 Book of the month, " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.
Tonze
Currently Reading: Don't Sweat the Small Stuff
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonze.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Fear as anxiety disorder symptoms

Post by Tonze »

The author has said that fear is among the symptoms of anxiety disorder.
Do you agree that every fear you have is always related to an anxiety disorder symptoms?
He says it can be fear of animals, object, etc
What is your fears?!
For example me I fear butterflies but not all of them ,there is a big black butterfly that have big eyes. When I saw it in my house I can't enter until I search help from someone to kill it or throw it out of the house and i have this fear since I was children then now I am a mother , I steel have the same fear. I don't know why. Is it an anxiety disorder symptom? Don't know.
ZippyReviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zippyreviews.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by ZippyReviews »

I think posing such a loaded question, misconstrues the author’s intentions when mentioning fear’s role in manifestation of anxiety disorders. Fear in this context, was noted as a “phobia.” Of course every fear isn’t related to anxiety. The author writes “Phobias are usually triggered by a bad experience involving the feared object, situation, or object.” This in no way suggests that EVERY fear is anxiety related. Fear is natural, it’s our responsibility to it that is sometimes not so natural. To answer your other question, I fear destitution and I fear war on US soil during my lifetime.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

Indeed, fear is natural and in fact, important. But not every fear is related to anxiety disorder.

I fear lots of things, but in terms of what Phobias I have, they would be Heights and closed spaces, which are quite common really.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Nedbrian
Currently Reading: Into the Hand of a Woman
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedbrian.html
Latest Review: Different Family Structures by Mildred Stallworth

Post by Nedbrian »

Anxiety disorders from a psychology perspective are birthed from uncontrolled phobia or better still, fear of a happening. Thus, it can be said that rather being symptoms of anxiety disorder, fear is rather the parent that brings forth an anxiety disorder.
leiabutler
Currently Reading: I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leiabutler.html
Latest Review: Britain Loves Baking - The Bakers Annual 2020 by Greg Wixted

Post by leiabutler »

This is a really really interesting point! I absolutely agree with your post about fear. Personally, I am fearful of death. I think fear is all around us and nowadays with social media, everyone's fears are broadcasted to an even more intense extent.
'At his lips' touch she blossomed for him like a flower and the incarnation was complete'
The Great Gatsby
Praise George-kayode
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-george-kayode.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Praise George-kayode »

Wow, this is a rare topic I have never thought about. Hmm is fear among the symptoms of anxiety disorder?
Although the focus of the response is different, fear and anxiety are interrelated. When faced with fear, most people will experience the physical reactions that are described under anxiety. Fear can cause anxiety, and anxiety can cause fear. This is what I think.
JB3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jb3.html
Latest Review: Shadow Game by A.M. Adair

Post by JB3 »

I disagree that all fears are related to an anxiety disorder. IT is natural to fear getting hurt or dying, it only becomes related to a disorder when tibecomes an irrational fear of something.
Gift5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gift5.html
Latest Review: Shield Down by William de Berg

Post by Gift5 »

Not every fear is related to anxiety, But anxiety can also lead to fear.
namuyong
Currently Reading: Primal Encounter
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by namuyong »

It is true that some fears tend to cause anxiety in people. However, I don't necessarily think that every fear is related to anxiety disorder.
SunVixen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunvixen.html
Latest Review: Tau Ceti: A Ship from Earth by George T. Hahn

Post by SunVixen »

Tonze wrote: 29 Oct 2020, 03:33 The author has said that fear is among the symptoms of anxiety disorder.
Do you agree that every fear you have is always related to an anxiety disorder symptoms?
He says it can be fear of animals, object, etc
What is your fears?!
For example me I fear butterflies but not all of them ,there is a big black butterfly that have big eyes. When I saw it in my house I can't enter until I search help from someone to kill it or throw it out of the house and i have this fear since I was children then now I am a mother , I steel have the same fear. I don't know why. Is it an anxiety disorder symptom? Don't know.
I am very afraid of butterflies and insects (like flies) too. However, I don't think this is an anxiety disorder symptom. Rather, it is just a phobia that is common in many people.
Samana95
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samana95.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Samana95 »

Anxiety disorder and fear are related to each other but fear is not an anxiety disorder or result from an anxiety disorder. Anxiety disorder is caused by worrying over situations and their outcome. Fear is a natural feeling but is not an anxiety disorder.
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

Sometimes, anxiety can occur due to over-thinking a normal situation or not being in control of one! Undoubtedly, at times fear can cause anxiety, however, I don't necessarily think that every fear one has is always related to an anxiety disorder symptom. For instance, I have a fear of large water bodies, but I can manage to enjoy an ocean!
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

I understood that the author meant certain irrational fears might be caused by anxiety disorders. Usually, phobias fall under that category, such as phobias of snakes or stage fright, which are common ones.
Ashley Cremer
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-cremer.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Post by Ashley Cremer »

I think some fears do stem from anxiety but I don't think that I agree that all fears are related to a specific anxiety symptom. Overall, anxiety causes fear, but that fear is not always rational or of rational objects.
Sarah Schmidt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vine Witch
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-schmidt.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Post by Sarah Schmidt »

Fear and anxiety do have some correlation, but to say that all anxiety stems from fear might be inaccurate. I'd say that one is often accompanied by the other. I know that I don't like going out into crowded places, though I know it's not a fear of those places so much as a dislike.

Return to “Discuss "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD”