Do you think free will man-made relations are stronger than blood relations??

Use this forum to discuss the September 2020 Book of the month, " "Kalayla" by Jeannie Nicholas.
Arite Seki
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arite-seki.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Re: Do you think free will man-made relations are stronger than blood relations??

Post by Arite Seki »

I definitely think that, while familial relations can be very close bonds, relationships that stem from a choice are more significant as it comes from a choice that someone makes to have someone become a part of their life. These relationships can even provide more support than familial.
Cynthia_Oluchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-oluchi.html
Latest Review: California: On the Edge of American History by Ronald Genini

Post by Cynthia_Oluchi »

Relationships by mind could flourish well. Better than one by blood even. But there are sentiments around blood relationships that make the bonding more real than anything else.
TCG
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tcg.html
Latest Review: The Jewels Of The Rainbow by H.F. Snyder

Post by TCG »

It's an assumption that blood relations form a stronger bond than those created by time, circumstances, and choice. Sometimes, relationships are built; they don't just happen.
Lilyflower-x2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilyflower-x2.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Lilyflower-x2 »

I think anything that we do by choice tends to last longer. Blood relations are not a choice. However, they can be very strong depending on the will of the individuals involved. Man-made relations last because the individuals choose who to associate and love.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

Arite Seki wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 15:57 I definitely think that, while familial relations can be very close bonds, relationships that stem from a choice are more significant as it comes from a choice that someone makes to have someone become a part of their life. These relationships can even provide more support than familial.
Non-blood bonds become mature, especially in marriage. Such bonds are more intertwined compared to those that are limited to friendship. If we take the example of Maureen, her blood bond got broken, but their non-blood bond with Jamal got tighter. Jamal's strength and courage surrounded and protected Maureen every single minute of every day.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

Lilyflower-x2 wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 23:49 I think anything that we do by choice tends to last longer. Blood relations are not a choice. However, they can be very strong depending on the will of the individuals involved. Man-made relations last because the individuals choose who to associate and love.
If you look at it from another angle, I believe it's also possible that non-blood bonds become relevant since there's always an expectation in the end. Friendship comes with, satisfaction, comfort, joy, and assistance. If those aspects are not present in a blood-bond, then you'd expect the former to be stronger. This is the case with Lena who is always seeking assistance from her friend Lotta.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
Jorge Leon Salazar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

Certainly, sometimes it happens that man-made relationships are stronger than blood ones, but generally, this is not the case, relationships such as mother-child, father-child, siblings are often very solid and for life.
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

I 100% believe that experience-based relationships are, generally, stronger than those of blood relationships alone. That is the basis behind military comraderie, lifetime friendships, and much more. Those that go through tough, harrowing, and overly difficult situations together have more points in common than those who don't. You can relate to that person. That being said, I would be interested to know if you combine the two, if you get an EVEN STRONGER relationship. For example, two brothers that go to war together.
bush reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bush-reads.html
Latest Review: The Poison Profession by Rachel Wright

Post by bush reads »

It depends. Sometimes, the people we grow up with, are caught up with their own problems to care about our needs and wants. So, even though we live under the same roof, we never bond with them. Chances are, we might end up finding somebody who shares similar life experiences or who cares about us. In such cases, man-made bonds tend to be stronger than blood bonds. I guess, it really depends on a lot of factors tbh
kparikh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kparikh.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by kparikh »

I think that free will man-made relations are stronger. Though you will always have an obligation to your family and might never truly be able to cut ties with them, you still have a choice as to how often you actually see them and different things like that. Free will relationships are just that, they are your choice. You have no choice when it comes to family. When you enter your "chosen" family these are people you have chose to surround yourself with, hence the chosen. You will ultimately have stronger bonds with them as you get closer.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

I'm aware that there are friends that stick more than blood relatives. Those friends are truly friends indeed.Blood is very strong and bonding when it comes to disputes, one can hardly make away with friends but, not with Blood.
Joan642
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joan642.html
Latest Review: Inspirations by Colleen by Colleen Bruce

Post by Joan642 »

I believe the strongest type of relationship is the one were there is a mutual feeling of love, and you always get the support and help anytime you are in need, It is not necessarily a relationship eelated by blood.
pablo10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pablo10.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by pablo10 »

Aishwarya Chhabra wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 05:30 Relations formed as a result of circumstances, attractions, similarities out of free will sometimes travel long periods of our lifetimes than our sometimes imposed closest blood relations. This is something that happened among the three- Kalayla , Maureen and Lena in KALAYLA .What are your opinions??
In my opinion, it's another type of nature vs nurture debate. We are close to our blood relatives because we grew up together. But as we grow older, we tend to gravitate towards people who share same interests, needs, and wants as us.
RachelEmmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachelemmanuel.html
Latest Review: Daddy’s Baby Mama’s Maybe by Come Lamore
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by RachelEmmanuel »

In my opinion, blood relationships tend to have a deeper unseen bond that is harder to break. However, there are unique relationships that transcend this general rule.
1 Cor 15: 19-20, 26 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.
But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead...The last enemy to be destroyed is death.
Ivy Thuo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivy-thuo.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Ivy Thuo »

Oh yes. For the most part they're stronger & better because they're made by choice and you'll definitely get close to someone you can stand although there will always be something special about blood relatives

Return to “Discuss "Kalayla" by Jeannie Nicholas”