Overall rating and opinion of "Kalayla" by Jeannie Nicholas

Use this forum to discuss the September 2020 Book of the month, " "Kalayla" by Jeannie Nicholas.
Epicking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-epicking.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Kalayla" by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Epicking »

As for me I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because I found the book to be unique in all aspects such as entertainment, educational and lot more. The book is well structured wrapped with wonderful narrating skills. I can read this book over and over again. I love it.
Horlarmidey Harkinolah
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-horlarmidey-harkinolah.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Horlarmidey Harkinolah »

Kalayla is one of my favorite books so far. I rated it 4 out of 4 stars. It is all about the struggle of being a mother, especially when you have a lot of secrets stashed up not wanting to reveal. Most parents believe the best way to protect a child is by hiding the truth, it doesn't always work that way. I would recommend this book to every mother.
Tara D Morgan
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The colour purple
Currently Reading: Angel of Liverpool
Bookshelf Size: 202
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tara-d-morgan.html
Latest Review: Good Evening, Sir George by Donald Yule
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Tara D Morgan »

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I loved everything about Kalayla, from the building friendship between Lena, Maureen and Kalayla to the gradual understanding of the lies they all tell and why. The book covers some dark subjects, but it is not without humour, e.g. page fifty-seven, "Now I was in the middle of an alphabet soup that was boiling over with letters I couldn't turn into words." This book is a real page-turner, and I felt like I was saying goodbye to a friend when I turned the last page.
Tara D Morgan
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The colour purple
Currently Reading: Angel of Liverpool
Bookshelf Size: 202
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tara-d-morgan.html
Latest Review: Good Evening, Sir George by Donald Yule
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Tara D Morgan »

I loved everything about Kalayla, from the building friendship between Lena, Maureen, and Kalayla to the gradual understanding of the lies they all tell and why. The book covers some dark subjects, but it is not without humor, e.g. page fifty-seven, "Now I was in the middle of an alphabet soup that was boiling over with letters I couldn't turn into words." This book is a real page-turner, and I felt like I was saying goodbye to a friend when I turned the last page. It is a really well-written book with great characterization and I rated it the full 4 out of 4 stars.
Khasheem
Currently Reading: Prince of Fools
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khasheem.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Khasheem »

The book was a great read for me because of the characters and how they pull each other out of their shells. The author captures their dynamic perfectly, and the development was so well done. It feels like a simple story that could happen at any time, anywhere in the world, and the simplicity was refreshing.
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

Although I was captivated while reading, I didn't like how it ended and the protagonists reaction to a potential rapist.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Online Concept
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezel-dornelles.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Online Concept »

There was nothing I disliked about this book and I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars. Kaylala was my favourite character and I adore how responsible she was at a very young age.
Bef Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Post by Bef Ozo »

This book is lovely and deserves to top any rating scale whatsoever. Even though Kalayla was too rude, I think it was a spice that made this book pop and stand out.
SoledadCanaria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soledadcanaria.html
Latest Review: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream by Dr Frank L Douglas

Post by SoledadCanaria »

It is, without a doubt, a great book. It touches on several profound subjects that many writers shy away from. I also like the plot. It gets a 4 out of 4 stars from me, for sure.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

Kalayla was a nice book, I enjoyed reading it. The characters are amazing and the plot was great. I loved the way the story ended, it had a happy ending for me.
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

I absolutely adored this book. I think it was a brilliant choice by the author to tell the story from three generations, as well as perspective. It was interesting to see what each of the characters valued and didn't value as well as the contrast between them.
it is what it is ....
Chimezie Agbata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimezie-agbata.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Chimezie Agbata »

I really loved this book. The characters development was quite exception. Various lessons can be derived from this book as this book address so many issues prevalent in our time. Aside the few errors contained in this book which i disliked, i think this book deserves a full star rating.
Odindi Omo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odindi-omo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Odindi Omo »

Kalayla is one of the best books on people that I've read. I'll rate it a perfect four out of four stars again and again. The biggest lesson I learnt from this book is that people will remain people and we shouldn't expect them to change because we believe they love us. Another thing is how strong an emotion pride is
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I love the book Kalayla. It has a beautiful storyline. I love the characters. It was well-developed. I like how it ends. I rated it 4 out of 4 stars. And recommend it to people who like themes of family, love, forgiveness, and acceptance. But I will aware that it contains sexual abuse and racism.
Unique Mary Iloakasia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-mary-iloakasia.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Unique Mary Iloakasia »

It is quite a very good book. The characaters were all wonderful, and played their roles to perfection. The book highlighted major themes like racism and sex abuse.

Return to “Discuss "Kalayla" by Jeannie Nicholas”