Do you think free will man-made relations are stronger than blood relations??

Use this forum to discuss the September 2020 Book of the month, " "Kalayla" by Jeannie Nicholas.
Aishwarya Chhabra
Currently Reading: Make The Dirt Fly
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aishwarya-chhabra.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Do you think free will man-made relations are stronger than blood relations??

Post by Aishwarya Chhabra »

Relations formed as a result of circumstances, attractions, similarities out of free will sometimes travel long periods of our lifetimes than our sometimes imposed closest blood relations. This is something that happened among the three- Kalayla , Maureen and Lena in KALAYLA .What are your opinions??
anoushka_thakur
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anoushka-thakur.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Post by anoushka_thakur »

Sometimes relations built by humans flourish far better than blood relations. It all depends on our experiences and how we connect to other people in order to build that relation with them, just like in this book.Some experiences bind us more closely. So its safe to say that man made relations are stronger.
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

I think there are times they can be stronger, depending on a person's relationship with their family. I have had friends I made outside of family that have very strong bonds and lasted. However, I still believe blood will take precedence over man-made relationships in the long run.
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

I am strong believer in found families. I am not sure how we grade what is stronger. But you know how you love some of your family members but don't like them sometimes, on the other hand, friends you chose you love and like. I don't know is that just me. I hope you understand my point.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

anoushka_thakur wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 07:00 Sometimes relations built by humans flourish far better than blood relations. It all depends on our experiences and how we connect to other people in order to build that relation with them, just like in this book.Some experiences bind us more closely. So its safe to say that man made relations are stronger.
I dissent with your statement. Yes, circumstances may propagate relationships to grow stronger between strangers, but those related by blood have a unique bond that engraved in love.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:

B Creech wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 09:57 I think there are times they can be stronger, depending on a person's relationship with their family. I have had friends I made outside of family that have very strong bonds and lasted. However, I still believe blood will take precedence over man-made relationships in the long run.
I'd say it all depends on an individual. It's a collection of commitment, selflessness, and empathy. If a person feels more accepted to a group than their blood-related persons, he/she might eventually have to have a stronger connection with them.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:

If the person in question has a rough time relating to those that their blood-related, then it would mean stronger bonds would grow with those that they aren't if they showed more compassion and care.
Kirsi Cultrera
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Man-made relations can be very strong. I have a few such relations in my own life, from which I can say they are at least as strong as the blood relations. The problem (that is, if you want to see it as a problem) is that man-made relationships are easier to cut off. To my opinion, the bond with the blood can't really be cut off. In both types of relationships, it takes a bit of luck and a lot of hard work to create a strong relationship. Once it is there, it is a true blessing to one's life.
Kirsi
Official Reviewer Representative
Maconstewart
Favorite Book: East Wind, 2nd edition
Currently Reading: Black Beach
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maconstewart.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Maconstewart »

It has been my experience that what you refer to as free will relationships are much stronger than ones based on blood ties. That may be unfortunate for me, but I find them more honesty based and steadfast. Free will relationships are based on some common thread, whether it be an interest or an experience. Blood relationships are built with peole you just happened to be thrown in a certain gene pool with. Sometimes that pool will drown you and the free will relationships are typically there to save you.
Lisa

My greatest accomplishment is that I raised two daughters that love to read.
:techie-reference: :techie-reference:
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:

Kirsi_78 wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 14:32 Man-made relations can be very strong. I have a few such relations in my own life, from which I can say they are at least as strong as the blood relations. The problem (that is, if you want to see it as a problem) is that man-made relationships are easier to cut off. To my opinion, the bond with the blood can't really be cut off. In both types of relationships, it takes a bit of luck and a lot of hard work to create a strong relationship. Once it is there, it is a true blessing to one's life.
The other issue with man-made relations is that they require time and trust. Blood ties grow naturally. In most cases, they do not require much time to build. Indeed, it's hard to break blood ties. If it happens, they also leave more sorrow compared to man-made relations.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:

Maconstewart wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 20:46 It has been my experience that what you refer to as free will relationships are much stronger than ones based on blood ties. That may be unfortunate for me, but I find them more honesty based and steadfast. Free will relationships are based on some common thread, whether it be an interest or an experience. Blood relationships are built with peole you just happened to be thrown in a certain gene pool with. Sometimes that pool will drown you and the free will relationships are typically there to save you.
I can relate this to the bond between Kalayla and Clarence and the one that is formed between Lena and Maureen. The two are completely different. One is truthful and resourceful, while the other is there because it has a blood connection. If it weren't so, Kalayla wouldn't find time to be with Clarence.
hellonewuser
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by hellonewuser »

"I wish everyone knew the entire saying. It's not 'blood is thicker than water,' it's 'the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.' Meaning relationships built by choice are stronger than those built by birth."Only those relations are the one you should care which are true to you not because of need of you"
Adu Boahene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adu-boahene.html
Latest Review: First Love by Momi Robins

Post by Adu Boahene »

Strength comes from within. That brings us to the talk on invincible ties that binds. In my opinion I feel like mostly people try to create a stronger bond with others outside blood relations, because they feel the need to create a huge impact in the person's life. Unlike with family, we tell ourselves that since it's natural, it's binding whether you try or not. So mostly, all the efforts are placed into making the outside bond, because that one is started from scratch, till the finished product. And, it doesn't even end there. However, I believe familiar bonds are the strongest, for family will always be family. No matter the separation, or bad blood between members. There will still be a connection no matter how small.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 14:29 If the person in question has a rough time relating to those that their blood-related, then it would mean stronger bonds would grow with those that they aren't if they showed more compassion and care.
That's very true! I have a family member that is in that same situation. She is closer to a family that she met by chance who took her under their wing at a crucial time in her life and she is more bonded to them than she is blood relatives!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
anoushka_thakur
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anoushka-thakur.html

Post by anoushka_thakur »

Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 14:23
anoushka_thakur wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 07:00 Sometimes relations built by humans flourish far better than blood relations. It all depends on our experiences and how we connect to other people in order to build that relation with them, just like in this book.Some experiences bind us more closely. So its safe to say that man made relations are stronger.
I dissent with your statement. Yes, circumstances may propagate relationships to grow stronger between strangers, but those related by blood have a unique bond that engraved in love.
I believe each bond has a different place. Obviously a blood bond is a unique bond. But so is a man made bond. Like in this story. Leena and Kayala bonded, Leena cared for Kayala as her own child. The intention of a man made relationship may drive from a blood bond. Yet i think both relationships have uniqueness.
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.

Return to “Discuss "Kalayla" by Jeannie Nicholas”