Do you think free will man-made relations are stronger than blood relations??

Use this forum to discuss the September 2020 Book of the month, " "Kalayla" by Jeannie Nicholas.
lucia_kizas
Favorite Author: Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucia-kizas.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf
fav_author_id: 2366

Re: Do you think free will man-made relations are stronger than blood relations??

Post by lucia_kizas »

I actually consider the people I have no blood relation to as my family, because our bond is strengthened by our shared experience, trust, and love. They are my family by choice, and blood family is not something you can choose.
Fahad Afroz
Currently Reading: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fahad-baibras.html
Latest Review: Living Abroad: Challenging the Myths of Expat Life by Jim Santos

Post by Fahad Afroz »

Both relations serve a different purpose in a man's life , blood relationships are sometimes the ones that not just brought you into life but also taught you how to walk , on the other hand man made relatioships are the ones (most of the time) to support you to walk on the rough path of life
KaylinBrown
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylinbrown.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by KaylinBrown »

anoushka_thakur wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 07:00 Sometimes relations built by humans flourish far better than blood relations. It all depends on our experiences and how we connect to other people in order to build that relation with them, just like in this book.Some experiences bind us more closely. So its safe to say that man made relations are stronger.
I agree that it all depends on how we build the relationship. For some people that are actively close to their families, they would say blood relationships are most important. For others, that perhaps do not work at all to build up a relationship with their blood relations (such as Lena ended up doing with her grown children), they would say blood relationships are not more important than friendships. I do not really think any one particular person can say definitively than man made or blood relations are stronger, because every relationship is different and circumstantial, and it also depends of both parties of the relationship.
Nikhila Kulkarni
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: The DrugTech Trilogy
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikhila-kulkarni.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Nikhila Kulkarni »

The relations that we choose for ourselves out if free will are looked from a different point of view. As in, when we choose a relationship on our own will we choose on based on common interests, hobbies, personalites etc. In case of blood relationships we don't get to choose hence we might differ a lot. That is why, in my opinion people with whom we bond in a better way becomes the strongest.
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

Though I think there is a higher level of responsibility in blood relations, man-made relations can often be stronger. After all, blood relations often start off as man-made relations.
S_hreya
Currently Reading: Nightlord: Sunset
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-hreya.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by S_hreya »

Aishwarya Chhabra wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 05:30 Relations formed as a result of circumstances, attractions, similarities out of free will sometimes travel long periods of our lifetimes than our sometimes imposed closest blood relations. This is something that happened among the three- Kalayla , Maureen and Lena in KALAYLA .What are your opinions??
[/quote
All blood relations doesn't have to be forced relations. We are born tied with our blood relations but we don't have that special bond with all of them. So people do have self made relations inside their Families too . A relationship is a beautiful thing, it's best when it has been formed naturally through circumstances or just the matching of vibes. So a man-made relationship with a family member or anyone is stronger in my opinion. :)
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

I don't necessarily think one is greater than the other, but the beauty of man-made family is that you get to choose. The con of this is that you can choose to cut them off just as fast, which isn't quite as easy if it's a blood relation.
Rita Mbai
Currently Reading: Radioland
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rita-mbai.html
Latest Review: Tephra Rising by K. C. Weston

Post by Rita Mbai »

Free will relations can be stronger because one chooses who they want to relate with... for blood relations there is no choice and you just have to endure especially if they are not good people.
Kaivalya Khisti
Currently Reading: The Hand Bringer
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaivalya-khisti.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Kaivalya Khisti »

Blood-relations have their own place, but I do firmly believe that outside relationships one builds are eventually more important.
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 351

Post by Tars »

Difficult question, but I believe everything depends on many circumstances. For instance, I am currently watching "Supernatural" and relationships between siblings is very believable to me. I love my sister just as much, I wil do everything for her. But at the same time I have tree aunts by blood, but the only true aunties I consider worth mentioning are my mom's friends.
Ashley Cremer
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-cremer.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Post by Ashley Cremer »

I think that free will man-made relations can be stronger than blood relations, it just depends on the circumstances. I feel that sometimes, blood relations can actually be detrimental, especially if you are born into a family with bad habits. Sometimes, it is better to make your own relationships in order to help you remove yourself from a stressful situation and to help yourself to become better and to grow out of that situation. However, if you are born into a really good blood relationship, those ties are probably going to always be stronger than man-made ties with others.
Florence Nalianya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Florence Nalianya »

personally, I cherish both blood and unique families created by friendship. Most of the time, blood families don't work hard to flourish the relationship, they take it for a normal creation that must be seen as such. But families brought about by friendship are stronger when both parties are committed to it.I have had friends who have held me up more than families would do.
Alice Ngugi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-ngugi.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Alice Ngugi »

I think both are equally strong. There are instances where family ties really do matter. At the same time, I have seen non-family members come through for someone more than the family members themselves. It's a tie for me. I think each person's loyalty should be judged based on their actions, family or not, blood-related or not.
Miller56
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miller56.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Miller56 »

Aishwarya Chhabra wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 05:30 Relations formed as a result of circumstances, attractions, similarities out of free will sometimes travel long periods of our lifetimes than our sometimes imposed closest blood relations. This is something that happened among the three- Kalayla , Maureen and Lena in KALAYLA .What are your opinions??
They always say blood is thicker than water, but frankly I have many friends who would go out on a limb for me and have helped me through thick and thin when my family was not available. I think that all of our relationships can be very strong and our circumstances, attractions, and similarities help us to develop stronger relationships than those that may occur just from being born into the same "family".
Unique Ego
Favorite Book: The Tales of Little Lady M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-ego.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Unique Ego »

In most case, I think friendships are more solid that familial relationships. I have seen countless encounters where a friend would literally give their life for another friend. I don't see this as much with family members. When it does happen with family, it's because the people involved are friends first before they are blood relations.

Return to “Discuss "Kalayla" by Jeannie Nicholas”