Are The Parent To Blame?

Use this forum to discuss the September 2020 Book of the month, " "Kalayla" by Jeannie Nicholas.
Zaynnie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaynnie.html
Latest Review: The Weed Lady by Shea R Embry

Re: Are The Parent To Blame?

Post by Zaynnie »

Some times our parents decision might affect us but most times it all depends on us to pave our way through and turn out good. Our parents are there to guide us through its left to us to follow their guidance or not. Almost all parents wants the best for their children, but there are some bad eggs among them. Joey's character is an example of a bad parent
Tebogo Eugene M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tebogo-eugene-m.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Tebogo Eugene M »

Yes, everything the child is doing is a reflection of his/her parents a child won't do anything that he/she didn't inherit from the parent everything wrong a child do you must blame the parents sometimes is because the parents don't what they are doing is wrong that's my opinion.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

In some parts of Africa, I could say parents are normally held responsible for the moral brightness of their children. I, however, think some children's behaviors are not in any way related to the way they are brought up. Parents try their best but sometimes it just doesn't work.
fire_spice
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fire-spice.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by fire_spice »

Children often react to their environment and circumstances. Yes parenting plays a part but some times the conditions of childhood can affect children no matter how hard the parent tries to protect them. Lena couldn't protect her kids from Joey. Maureen couldn't protect Kalayla from the pain that surrounded them; being rejected by her parents and losing Jamal
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

There is no manual for good parenting. I think understanding our kids is very important. The bad character of children is as a result of bad parenting. That's my take on this I don't know if anyone has anything contrary. For Maureen i think she neglected Kalayla a lot.
Glorious Jack
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glorious-jack.html
Latest Review: The Frights of Fiji by Sunayna Prasad

Post by Glorious Jack »

Just because you are a good parent does not always mean that your kids will turn out okay. There are other things that mold q child other than the parents.
julietmumbua23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julietmumbua23.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by julietmumbua23 »

While parenting plays a huge role in the way a child turns out, it is not the sole determinant.
Emilia Kvatchadze
Currently Reading: Pulse: Book One
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emilia-kvatchadze.html
Latest Review: Liner by Chris Coppel

Post by Emilia Kvatchadze »

Parenting is tough, and it always will be. I do believe that parents play a significant role on a child, and how they turn out, but at the end of the day, then a child's personality is based on the kid itself. there is a line on how much a parent can do, and even though they mean a lot to how the kid turns out, then they can't 100% form how a kid turns out. I have experienced siblings who are SO different, even though they got raised by the same parents, the same way!
Latest Review: Liner by Chris Coppel
Donald Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-trust.html
Latest Review: Rosa by Barbara de la Cuesta

Post by Donald Trust »

Yes, the parents are to blame. If the ills of the child are not noticed and corrected at a tender age they tend to act when they grow.
Cocobutta
Currently Reading: Hidden Current
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cocobutta.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Cocobutta »

Children will act however they want to act when they grow up regardless of how they were parented. That’s why two children will grow up in one house but end up completely different.
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

There is no excuse for not discharging your parental duties rightly or not having time for family. They wouldn't have signed up for it in the first place if there weren't ready. I would the parents are to blame for some extent.
Horlarmidey Harkinolah
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-horlarmidey-harkinolah.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Horlarmidey Harkinolah »

Yes, the parent shares part of the blame not all. Our character is shaped by many factors, our family, our environment, the friends we keep, and our inborn attitude. A good child from an abusive home that turns out just fine is major because of the external people surrounding him.
Odindi Omo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odindi-omo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Odindi Omo »

Children do not come with manuals, these parents just did their best, as every other parent is trying to. Joey, Maureen, Lena and Jamal took care of their children in the only way they know how. I can't say if it's proper or not, but I know they could have done better.
As harsh as Joey was, the twins didn't hide like Mike did. Even as Maureen was loving, kalayla didn't hide or shy out. So it also depends on the child.
Azuka Jessica
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

They absolutely did not. I blame the parents for what happened to their children. The parents are the model, therefore should serve as such. Although, the mothers tried their best.
Alexandria Sarai Mitchell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandria-sarai-mitchell.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Alexandria Sarai Mitchell »

Yes and no. Up to a certain point, parents are to blame for their children's bad behavior. After all, they have the responsibility to mold us into whatever they want us to become. Parents are our first contact with the world and we understand it through them before anyone else. They are definitely to blame. But after a certain age, it becomes our responsibility to decide what kind of a person we want to be.

Return to “Discuss "Kalayla" by Jeannie Nicholas”