Do you think Galen and Lord Meldorath will meet each other?

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
Reader 05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-05.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Re: Do you think Galen and Lord Meldorath will meet each other?

Post by Reader 05 »

If they meet, I suspect Galen would be disadvantaged because he doesn't seem powerful enough to battle Lord Meldorath. If somehow Galen found a way to get powers I don't think he will have a chance against Lord Meldorath, or will it be a fair battle?

:techie-studyinggray:
Kaitlin Licato
Currently Reading: Shakespeare's Guide to Parenting
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlin-licato.html
Latest Review: The Sylvan Horn by Robert Redinger

Post by Kaitlin Licato »

I definitely think they will have a part in the final showdown. Clearly Galen is the main protagonist even if he didn't do very much in this first book. By very much, I mean his part wasn't integral to the plot. It is also clear that Meldorath is set to be the main antagonist. At some point these two will have to meet. I suspect if Galen is the one to take him out, it will be in a very David vs Goliath type fashion though, haha. He might team up with Marshus though. That would be interesting because Marshus DOES have powers... hmm...
Thoto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thoto.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Thoto »

I do hope so. Galen and Meldorath appear to be the main characters. Their meeting will be the ultimate. I hope Galen will be ready then, else Meldorath will chee him up.
edztan15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edztan15.html
Latest Review: Sex Business Tokyo by Alta Eva Bourne

Post by edztan15 »

Yes, I think that would be the climax of the series. Everything has been building up for that moment.
Wordlessly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wordlessly.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Wordlessly »

I think all characters will be detrimental in shaping up the story in future books. Considering Galen is sort of a protagonist and Meldorath is the prime antagonist for now, they are sure to meet at some point.
MariaLivaniou
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Favorite Book: City of Bones
Currently Reading: Captive Prince
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robinbennet.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by MariaLivaniou »

I think there is definitely a possibility that all our characters will meet each other at some point, provided they survive...
Matthew Tysz so far is basically seting up the base for the story that will unfold in the future. I believe very character has a role to play. We are hearing the story from so many pvos so we can grasps it better, it may not make so much sense right now, but as the plot progresses and the story binds together, everything will fall into place.
houligan19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houligan19.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by houligan19 »

I think they will meet for sure. They both have such large roles, that it seems they will meet and it will be something major in the series. Sounds exciting!
Pluma
Favorite Book: Wonks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pluma.html
Latest Review: Tales of the 70's by D.Done

Post by Pluma »

I think it is very likely Galen and Meldorath will meet at some point in the series, and that their meeting will have great significance to the plot; there will likely be a battle of some sort between them, as Meldorath is the main villain and Galen is the protagonist.
Where Meldorath is very powerful when it comes to magic, I think that Galen has his own advantages, as he has survived some harsh situations in his past and has a very resilient character; I think there is more to him than meets the eye at first. Whatever the outcome of their meeting, I think it will be very interesting, and I am excited to see what happens.
ljohnson236
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 36

Post by ljohnson236 »

If its like Harry Potter, then yes they will meet. But it's a major plot twist and the way it looks right now, probably not. But maybe that'll change.
Reader 05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-05.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Reader 05 »

Pluma wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 18:50 I think it is very likely Galen and Meldorath will meet at some point in the series, and that their meeting will have great significance to the plot; there will likely be a battle of some sort between them, as Meldorath is the main villain and Galen is the protagonist.
Where Meldorath is very powerful when it comes to magic, I think that Galen has his own advantages, as he has survived some harsh situations in his past and has a very resilient character; I think there is more to him than meets the eye at first. Whatever the outcome of their meeting, I think it will be very interesting, and I am excited to see what happens.
I agree, even though Galen may not be able to posses powers when Lord Meldorath and him meet, but his advantages such as his resilient character may play a big role if he is to defeat Lord Meldorath.

:techie-studyinggray:
SarahShebl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahshebl.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by SarahShebl »

Yes, I think this will definitely happen very soon because, to me, they are the agonist and antagonist.
Fasmin
Favorite Book: We are voulhire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fasmin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fasmin »

Oh yes. As a matter of fact, I've even been wondering how this meeting would be. Like a lot of people mentioned I think it will be like Voldy vs harry went, but it won't be as tragic for meldorath. I think there's at least some good in meldorath.

So far I think the ending will be Galen vs meldorath, the establishment of peace between voulhire and the Riva Rohavi, And boy would I love to see Midius Maido fired and humiliated.

:tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
– John Green
_Bokeh
Favorite Book: The King of May
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bokeh.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by _Bokeh »

Yes, I believe Galen and Meldorath will meet someday. The fact thet the author had to bring Galen from his land means he has a great role to play in Voulhire and since Meldorath is also a sigificant force in Voulhire, they are likely to meet.
Lila Randhawa
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lila-randhawa.html
Latest Review: Conversing with Various Entities by Mary Ellen Wall

Post by Lila Randhawa »

I hope they come face to face eventually. Galen is getting attached to Voulhire and his character won't let him rest until he has tried his best to save it if it's threatened.
Teletha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teletha.html
Latest Review: Viking Blood and Blade by Peter Gibbons

Post by Teletha »

I think it would be one of the most awaited moment. I believe Galen is the protagonist here, Meldorath is turning to be a deuteragonist to me, or maybe he is an antagonist. They are meant to met somehow later.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”