Overall rating and opinion of " We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz.

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
Success Azuka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Re: Overall rating and opinion of " We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz.

Post by Success Azuka »

It was a perfect book. From the start, it was as if I was watching a movie. I enjoyed every part of it.
GeorgiaHamilton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-georgiahamilton.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by GeorgiaHamilton »

I just finished reading this novel. I enjoyed the vivid descriptions and the creativity in the landscape and society. I found the interwoven history of Meldorath clever, especially how Tysz left clues to his history throughout the narrative. However, I found the characters were flat and lacking in personality. I also found the time and location jumps to be confusing and hard to follow. This is why I gave it 3 out of 5 stars.
Marvel Thompson 100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marvel-thompson-100.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Marvel Thompson 100 »

I recently finished reading "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz, and it deserved nothing less than a perfect rating (4 out of 4 stars). It was an incredible read and truly set the bar for other books on fantasy.
From the vivid descriptions to a wonderful storyline, funny scenes and sarcastic remarks, I remain in suspense as to what the rest of this series will hold.
I look forward to reading the rest of this amazing series.
Amy A Drake
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-a-drake.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Amy A Drake »

I gave it a four out of five because the pacing was off. I found that the plot and climax weren't set up enough, so it felt like it came out of nowhere. I think this happened in part because the story is written as the first in a series instead of as a stand alone book. There wasn't a satisfying ending for the overarching plots or the characters arcs. It was enjoyable and smartly written with interesting world building.
Jemma Tredinnick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemma-tredinnick.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Jemma Tredinnick »

I enjoyed it especially the slightly stempunk element. I found the characters quite confusing and was not sure who would end up the ultimate hero at the end of the series. I've rarely read a book where so many major characters were killed off so early! It definitely had the feel of a series starter but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I gave it a 4 out of 5.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”