Overall rating and opinion of " We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz.

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
Reema Aydieh
Currently Reading: Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reema-aydieh.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Re: Overall rating and opinion of " We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz.

Post by Reema Aydieh »

It was a three out of four stars read for me because it felt like the many character's views didn’t make me connect with the story. But overall, this book was a great start to the series. The plot felt intense but only towards the end did I find things interesting. And I loved the map every fantasy book needs one and this one had it.
“Just keep swimming.”
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Hot Potato by Marty Katz

Post by Mayang Bature »

This is a really great book. I rated it four out of four and I've already recommended it to a friend. I'd like to know more about lord Meldorath and his evil agendas. I'd also like to see if anyone would be able to stop him because right now, any battle against he and his companions will be grossly one sided
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

I rated it 3 stars. It was exceptionally well edited and I applaud the passion the author put into the making of this book. While I am aware that it is the first book in a 9-part series, I just couldn't get over the fact that it felt like a giant introduction. My reaction at the end was, “oh, it ended?”
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
SoledadCanaria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soledadcanaria.html
Latest Review: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream by Dr Frank L Douglas

Post by SoledadCanaria »

Having read a couple of reviews of this book, I am pretty sure this book is going to be worth my time. A lot of people seem to think it is a really good book.
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

I rated the book a four out of four stars. The story is unique and interesting. It was easy for me to connect to Galen's emotions. His journey was as if it it was ours. I was really invested in the storyline of the book.
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

ankit252 wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 07:09 This book gripped me from the beginning. The build up was slow. But Tysz switched between different characters, showing different perspectives. The style of narration was new for me. I had a feeling that Galen was the sole narrator who recorded works of others (although after reading other books in the series, this is probably not the case).
I loved the air of mystery and subtle hints that something was not going right. The only issue I had with this book was that Galen and his friends had no part in the big picture, and also the fact that it ended too quickly. But as a series-starter, the book set an intriguing premise. I gave it 4 stars on my review.
Tell me about it! The hint that something was not right was always there. This built up the suspense and made me eager to read further so as to find out what would go wrong. Reading this book was quite a wonderful experience.
Odindi Omo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odindi-omo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Odindi Omo »

I'll give this book a 3 out of 4 stars rating. I found this book to be quite confusing at first, it had so many points of view. I later got to understand but I didn't like being confused. I think it has a very interesting and big plot.
Omneya Shakeep
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

I really enjoyed the book. The multiple point of view, the wild imagination the author had, I gave it 3 stars
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Omneya Shakeep
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

I enjoyed the book a lot. I found the author's imagination very impressive, the plot and the alternating between points of view hooked me to the book. I gave it 3 out of 4 stars. I didn't like how the book seemed more like an introduction to the world created by the author, its main focus was more on explaining the terms rather than the plot.
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

I would rate this book very highly because I found the book to be very vast, focusing on different characters in different places. I did find it enjoyable, unpredictable and so much more.
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Doomsday Clock by Mark Pearson

Post by Bettny Andrade »

I love the clear vision of the fictional world that the author describes. details abound and provide a great setting for imagining Voulhire's surroundings. I also like that this story contains mastery and use of magic by certain wielders, it adds a particular charm. I recommend it to all lovers of magic oriented fantasy stories.

A detail that I found very interesting is the intrigue that surrounds the unknown: is Lord Meldorath really alive or not? What did he do wrong that everyone fears him?

I loved the story, it caught me and left me wanting to know how it continues.

My favorite character is Galen, because of his simplicity and I would love to know much more about Lord Meldorath, because it shows that he is much more than what everyone thinks.

I rated the book 4 out of 5 stars.
Valentine Maina 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Valentine Maina 2 »

I will rate this book 4 out of four stars because the author failed to converge on how Galen and Voulhire's politics are related.
Valentine Maina 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Valentine Maina 2 »

I will rate this book 4 out of four stars because the author failed to converge on how Galen and Voulhire's politics are related.
BenjaminFrank
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benjaminfrank.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by BenjaminFrank »

gali wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 23:28 This is a discussion topic for the October 2020 Book of the month, We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz.

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.

* You need to read the book to comment.
I have been an avid reader for quite a while now, but rarely have i had the immersion experience in a book. Tysz did an amazing job, each page was like a fresh paint on a blank canvas in my mind and led to my complete satisfaction.
I recommend this book, so that with your mind eye, a new experience filled with wonder and magic plays before you.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Adekeye Hassan musab
Currently Reading: My Other Half
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adekeye-hassan-musab.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Adekeye Hassan musab »

The book is excellent definitely a good start to a good series, I gave it full rating. The mixture of historical fiction with magic blended with excellent world building. This made me give it a full rating.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”