Overall rating and opinion of " We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz.

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Re: Overall rating and opinion of " We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz.

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

The book deserves a perfect 4-star rating. The humor, writing style and worldbuilding were all done perfectly well by Mr. Tysz.
JeanyJean
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeanyjean.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by JeanyJean »

I loved the mystery in the book. It's the best science fiction book I have ever read. I didn't like the fact that sometimes I lost the connection between chapters but I still found my way through the book.
Worship peer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Worship peer »

The author has made the book very intriguing by being mysterious and creating suspense.
However the build up of the story was very slow and it had no flow.
Kevivas03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kevivas03.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Kevivas03 »

I did not enjoy the book at all because the plot felt disconnected. I gave it an overall rating of 1 star out of a possible 4. The idea of the book was great but it was not put together well. The pro of the book is that the story opened up a new world and showed us how powerful the author's imagination is. I would recommend it to patient people who can go from one book to the next in a sequel, cliffhangers can be a drag.
Drianie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drianie.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Drianie »

I was pleasantly surprised by this novel, and I found myself captivated, unable to put it down. I enjoyed this book so much so that, upon finishing it, I immediately pick up the next installment in the series. I’m interested to see where the author takes Galen’s character since he hasn’t reached the peak of his potential just yet. I gave this novel 4 out of 4 stars for the creative writing style, the interesting characters, and the exceptional editing. Honestly, a delightful read!
Moray_001
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moray-001.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale

Post by Moray_001 »

I absolutely enjoyed the book and it left a good impression so I went ahead to read two more books in the series. I liked the multi-faceted attribute of the story. There were different characters and different agendas. What I didn't like about it was some confusion in the description of events and some errors I found in the book. I would recommend it to those who love fantasy stories and can handle bloodshed and vivid description. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.
Fola Moni
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fola-moni.html
Latest Review: Moonlight Serenade by Terry Mark

Post by Fola Moni »

I read this book and rated it 4 out of 4 stars. I simply loved it everything about it from the characters to the plot. It is completely riveting.

Galen Bray is my favourite. I loved the way his character was slowly developed without giving everything away at once. His friends, Rowan and Demetrius also add a lot of spice and thrills to the plot.

I also like the fact that there was an extensive guide at the beginning of the book for easy understanding . I honestly feel this could be a blockbuster series that could rival Game of Thrones!
Bilbo47
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bilbo47.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Bilbo47 »

I also thought this was an excellent fantasy novel. I felt the strength of this book was really in the author’s ability to situate the reader in this world. It was cinematic. The storyline was original and the characters were fully conceived. I rated it 4 out of 4 stars.
Teele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teele.html
Latest Review: More Hype Than Glory by Tom Hyde

Post by Teele »

I read this book and rated it 4 out of 4 stars. The character of the protagonist and other characters in the story had depth. Voulhire, Soulhire and the Lands of the princes were well described too. The overall development of the story was good.
Joan642
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joan642.html
Latest Review: Inspirations by Colleen by Colleen Bruce

Post by Joan642 »

I think this book is quite an interesting one to begin a series. The characters seems well developed and the story also seems more realistic for a fantasy novel.
shamayelnur
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shamayelnur.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by shamayelnur »

I truly enjoyed this book. I felt it had a unique storyline and is a great recommendation for those who enjoy fantasy stories
Mich Cyrus
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mich-cyrus.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Mich Cyrus »

This volume is full of twists and suspense from the characters. Honestly, Galen and Rowan make a good team. It however contains a few errors. I'd give it a 3 out of four rating.
Mich Cyrus
Currently Reading:

Post by Mich Cyrus »

lavenderbooks20 wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 09:12 I have read this book and I gave it a full rating. I had issues with the slow-pacing in the beginning, but I found the plot line incredibly promising. The author’s writing style was praise-worthy. The world-building was exceptional. I hardly noticed any significant errors. This book was full of suspense, fantasy, and drama that I thoroughly enjoyed.
As the tale progresses, the action builds up and we get to meet new characters. I however counted a few reasonable errors. I do agree that Matthew Tysz does a good job.
Mich Cyrus
Currently Reading:

Post by Mich Cyrus »

rahilshajahan wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 05:26 I have read all the six book in the series. I gave the first installment a full four star rating. The opener was filled with intrigue and invited the readers to find more about Galen, Rowan and Meldorath. These three characters, with a few more, are the most pivotal characters in the series.

I liked the writing style of Tysz the most. He has a way of putting the peak of the action towards the end of the book and this book is no exception. There wasn't anything to dislike except for a few intriguing and mysterious characters who were like shadows the entire time of the book. The book overall is an enjoyable read.
Galen seems to be naive at first when he first enters the Kingdom of Voulhire. I however agree that the author has done a remarkable job in the character development and writing style.
Mich Cyrus
Currently Reading:

Post by Mich Cyrus »

Marty_Kelly wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 01:17 I found the book very interesting and gave it full ratings. Even though there were a few things I disliked, the characters and plot are great. I especially liked how Tysz is able to handle so much characters without losing momentum. It's a must read for fantasy fans especially those that like series.
I also appreciated that Matthew was able to build the momentum of the novel. The book was slow-paced at first, but the character development and action-pack was incredible as the narrative progressed.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”