Goodbye Lord Eldus

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
Reema Aydieh
Currently Reading: Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reema-aydieh.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Re: Goodbye Lord Eldus

Post by Reema Aydieh »

Yes! I was hoping he’d live because his chapters were so promising and it felt like he would bring good change to the land. It was shocking and sad to read the scene where he dies.
“Just keep swimming.”
Maria Ferreira Silva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-ferreira-silva.html

Post by Maria Ferreira Silva »

I want expecting Lord Eldus's death because he was portrait like a main character. But his death made a great plot twist.
Demilade_001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-demilade-001.html
Latest Review: Agatha the Beloved Queen by Fred Pilcher

Post by Demilade_001 »

I was shocked at his demise but I was glad his son escaped the attach. Lord Eldus was one of my favorite character in the book because his character was depicted as one with a great personality.
Andrada Madalina
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrada-madalina.html
Latest Review: The Butterfly Cage by Rachel Zemach
Reading Device: B014LQ6EKI

Post by Andrada Madalina »

Lord Eldus was my favorite character. I appreciated that he tried to improve Hillport's educational system and economy. His sudden death shocked me, and I would have liked to read more about him and his family.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

Valkyrie9 wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 01:46 A good portion of the book centers on Lord Eldus, and shows him to be a strong character with great potential. Was anyone else shocked by his sudden and abrupt demise? I can't help but feel a little disappointed that he will not feature in the books that follow.
:reading-6:
I wasn't shocked by his demise but I was hurt deeply knowing the tales and story of Lord Eldus is being cut short.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html

Post by LS Daniyal »

Right! Lord Eldus had big plans for Hillport. He was going to be that one of kind leader with people as his priority. The author wrote him so well only take him out so soon.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
Mayang Bature
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 296
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Living Intentionally by Viterose Van huis

Post by Mayang Bature »

Valkyrie9 wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 01:46 A good portion of the book centers on Lord Eldus, and shows him to be a strong character with great potential. Was anyone else shocked by his sudden and abrupt demise? I can't help but feel a little disappointed that he will not feature in the books that follow.
:reading-6:
The death of Lord Eldus reminded me of the death of Ned Stark in Game of Thrones. An upright, promising character just suddenly dying was not what i signed up for. I was heart broken. :gaah:
SoledadCanaria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soledadcanaria.html
Latest Review: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream by Dr Frank L Douglas

Post by SoledadCanaria »

Oh, I most certainly was. In fact, that scene and the subsequent scenes caught me unawares. I also have a few questions I would like to see the author answer in subsequent books.
Odindi Omo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odindi-omo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Odindi Omo »

Lord Eldus had a real strong personality in this book. At first, I expected he won't last long, but the more I read the higher my hope rose that he might actually make it. So his death still came as a shock to me.
Fentymak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fentymak.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Fentymak »

I was surprised at his early demise. He was a good lead who had the hest interests of the poeple at heart.
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

I was shocked and definitely disappointed by his ultimate demise. I did feel that he had a lot to offer and I would have loved it if they explored his part more.
Omneya Shakeep
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

I cried when Lord Eldus was killed. It was depressing to read about his brutal murder along with his family. However, I believe it was to motivate Marshus in the future. Maybe he's meant for a bigger role onward. I seriously hated Maido for his slacking and causing all those innocent people to meet their demises. I hope karma catches up with him soon.
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Miranda Alex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miranda-alex.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Miranda Alex »

When Lord Eldus passed away, I was equally surprised. I had to really ask WHY. But as I noted in my assessment, everyone is nevertheless finding their own spot under the Voulhirian sky.
Valentine Maina 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Valentine Maina 2 »

Am also grieving the death of Lord Eldus but his existence could have led to the death of the series. he was capable of bringing Hillport into a perfect city with no drama hence too boring to be written on.
Adekeye Hassan musab
Currently Reading: My Other Half
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adekeye-hassan-musab.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Adekeye Hassan musab »

It shocking and painful the death of Eldus but I kind of preferred it like that. Voulhire is a land of the fittest more like a jungle I wouldn't have wanted him to get corrupt or destroyed otherwise. And honestly, this showed me not to get too attached any character as I might not be able to withstand their death.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”