Prince Darius

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
SoledadCanaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soledadcanaria.html
Latest Review: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream by Dr Frank L Douglas

Re: Prince Darius

Post by SoledadCanaria »

He might not be as relevant as some other characters but that isn't necessarily a terrible thing. And jogging isn't a modern thing. It is something that has been around for a long time.
Odindi Omo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odindi-omo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Odindi Omo »

Darius acted like a spoilt brat all through the book. I think it was because he had a quite liberal father, I believe it was also obvious that Lord Eldus didn't intend to pass the kingdom to him.
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

I did feel his character was odd, not needed and definitely not relevant in the book. I would have loved a build-up of his character in order to see him grow due to the fact that he is supposed to be heir to the throne.
Valentine Maina 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Valentine Maina 2 »

In this, he is the best application of the old saying that goes 'stronger generation makes a weaker generation'' The fact that his father is the king makes him feel that he owes the world and does not have to strain on anything.
Prodigy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prodigy5.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prodigy5 »

Prince Darius is a unique character and I think that if he were to rule one day I would read his story.
Adekeye Hassan musab
Currently Reading: My Other Half
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adekeye-hassan-musab.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Adekeye Hassan musab »

Prince Darius's role in book one is very minor I agree but I think he will be a more useful character in the next installments. He sea oblivious of his role as the next heir to the throne.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”