Which character perspective was your favourite and why?

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
PriyankaBeeput
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankabeeput.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Which character perspective was your favourite and why?

Post by PriyankaBeeput »

I personally loved Alderman's chapter, I instantly felt a connection with him, he justness and good nature come through well and I think Tysz build up the most suspense in Alderman's chapter
Bits Of Inkling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bits-of-inkling.html
Latest Review: Awakening by Tayma Tameem

Post by Bits Of Inkling »

Yes. Me too. It was my favorite part of the book because it has an element of mystery as he unfolds Lord Meldorath's identity as well as Orlin's. Somehow i am not satisfied with what he had disclosed through Orlin's diary. I felt like Eldus owes me more information bcoz he died too soon.
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

After the first book, I instantly like Rowan and his knacks. Though he acts like a juvenile, he is quite capable and intelligent. His boldness and mischief, too. Who would go around nickname someone they have just meet for 5 minutes :D?
Justjaal_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justjaal.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by Justjaal_ »

I really liked Galen's perspective. I don´t know, I felt like he was too pure to be in Voulhire, I felt instantly connected with him, and I feel like he gave the story a different taste since everything was about corruption, mystery and Meldorath.
Larkspur
Currently Reading: Gideon: The Sound and The Glory
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-larkspur.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Larkspur »

I liked Galen's perspective. He is portrayed as such a kind person. He willingly gives money and helps out people he doesn't even know. He is also willing to go to great lengths to keep everyone safe.
Krista Ash
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krista-ash.html

Post by Krista Ash »

I liked Eldus the best. He had a good head on his shoulders and used it to help the people of Hillport while also being somewhat conflicted about Lord Meldorath and what he should tell the townsfolk. Galen was too perfect of a person for me to really relate to and enjoy reading about.
Alyssa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alyssa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by Alyssa »

I also really enjoyed Galen’s point of view. He comes across as so sweet and just flat out thankful for the chance to leave the land of the princes.
scaryeyes_25
Currently Reading: Glitter on the Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scaryeyes-25.html
Latest Review: Spoken on the Wind by Faye Westlake Newman

Post by scaryeyes_25 »

I don't know, Galen looks promising. But he is too good to be true. Everyone has a hint of evilness and/or sarcasm but all I see in him is innocence and kindness. Maybe because he came from an oppressive country so he wanted everything to be right this time. But then again this is a series. Everything can happen in just a few pages :D
Marloo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marloo.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Marloo »

I am not sure what to make of him yet but I got intrigued by Rowan. The character has an interesting background (for what we know, and the lack of knowledge about it sparks my curiosity too) and it seems he he has more motives and intentions of which we do not know yet. I want to know more about him!!
Krista Ash
Currently Reading:

Post by Krista Ash »

scaryeyes_25 wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 21:15 I don't know, Galen looks promising. But he is too good to be true. Everyone has a hint of evilness and/or sarcasm but all I see in him is innocence and kindness. Maybe because he came from an oppressive country so he wanted everything to be right this time. But then again this is a series. Everything can happen in just a few pages :D
I would like to see a little cynical or suspicious side to Galen. He's survived a harsh upbringing, and I'm interested in how that would affect his views of other people. I get that he's incredibly grateful to be out of the Isles of the Princes, but wouldn't his experiences there change him?
Nelson Lyric
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nelson-lyric.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Nelson Lyric »

King Wilhelm!
The ruler of Voulhire. Is my favorite character; He is wise and that's why His people looked up to him as an icon of success.
Simplicity is the Voice of My Personality :no-spoil:
Krista Ash
Currently Reading:

Post by Krista Ash »

Nelson Lyric wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 14:45 King Wilhelm!
The ruler of Voulhire. Is my favorite character; He is wise and that's why His people looked up to him as an icon of success.
I agree! I am curious how the fall of Hillport will affect Wilhelm, though, and how the people view him. In book 2, his reign might come to an abrupt end.
Nelson Lyric
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nelson-lyric.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Nelson Lyric »

Krista Ash wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 11:26
Nelson Lyric wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 14:45 King Wilhelm!
I agree! I am curious how the fall of Hillport will affect Wilhelm, though, and how the people view him. In book 2, his reign might come to an abrupt end.
I can't wait for book 2, It's awesome to know Im not the only one thinking in those lines. Thanks for passing through my comment.
Simplicity is the Voice of My Personality :no-spoil:
scaryeyes_25
Currently Reading: Glitter on the Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scaryeyes-25.html
Latest Review: Spoken on the Wind by Faye Westlake Newman

Post by scaryeyes_25 »

Krista Ash wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 14:04
scaryeyes_25 wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 21:15 I don't know, Galen looks promising. But he is too good to be true. Everyone has a hint of evilness and/or sarcasm but all I see in him is innocence and kindness. Maybe because he came from an oppressive country so he wanted everything to be right this time. But then again this is a series. Everything can happen in just a few pages :D
I would like to see a little cynical or suspicious side to Galen. He's survived a harsh upbringing, and I'm interested in how that would affect his views of other people. I get that he's incredibly grateful to be out of the Isles of the Princes, but wouldn't his experiences there change him?
Yeah. Something to look forward in Galen's character. I really think one way or the other his scars will show somehow. I'll wait to see the claws behind those kindness.
Lhammamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lhammamy.html
Latest Review: Manasakd by Kelly May Andrews

Post by Lhammamy »

I liked Lord Eldus and as many was shocked for his soon death. I thought he was a new promise for Hillport but looks like I was wrong.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”