What was your favorite scene from the book?

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
Damis Seres Rodriguez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Re: What was your favorite scene from the book?

Post by Damis Seres Rodriguez »

I might come out as super simple, but the trial scene very early on the book was hilarious. I loved the comical touch to it.
Serenity2010
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serenity2010.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Serenity2010 »

I enjoyed the last scene of Rivera invading Hillsport. Specifically the way the soldiers danced while they invaded. It was different from the average war scene and clever to use in a book about magic.
Birthright06
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birthright06.html
Latest Review: Tales of the 70's by D.Done

Post by Birthright06 »

The Prologue where Meldorath killed Orlin and gis men. (I'm just on the first book though) hoping I'll find a new/ another fave scene.
kmteter26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kmteter26.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by kmteter26 »

I really enjoyed the scene where Galen was first introduced to his Uncle's blacksmith tools. I don't have any knowledge of the world of being a blacksmith, but the descriptions were so detailed that I really felt like I was in the room with Galen and Rowan. I felt as if I could feel everything Galen was feeling physically when he was using the tools and emotionally when he was reading his uncle's instructions. It was a super simple scene, but I found it extremely detailed and I found this scene in particular easy to imagine as if I were watching it play out in front of me.
Cassie_Megan
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cassie-megan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Cassie_Megan »

My favorite scene, the one that made me laugh the most is when Isla throws her shoe on her brother. Lord Eldus tells her to practice how to treat her future husband. And she answers : "that is why I threw only one shoe, my husband can have the other one".
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Gosh, it's hard to choose only one scene. I honestly love every scene that the trio is in (Galen, Rowan, and Demetrius). The way they bicker with one another makes me laugh. I love how they mess with each other too. It shows typical boy friendships and that makes it natural.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Vivian Jabeya
Favorite Book: Tales of the Seventies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-jabeya.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Vivian Jabeya »

My favourite moment in the book was the celebration that took place in Soulhire. I loved when everyone held hands. It signified unity.
The frant1c reader
Favorite Book: Crime and Punshment
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-frant1c-reader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by The frant1c reader »

I cracked at the scene where Isla throws a shoe at Marshus after being teased about. And when her father confronts her about what sort of treatment she would give her husband, she simply states about keeping the other shoe to throw at her husband. I don't know why but I laughed at her answer.
The frant1c reader

I liked the scene where Isla and Marshus joked about Orlin and Meldorath as if they were just some bad guys in the next neighbouhood.
The frant1c reader

Scenes with Lord Eldus and his son Marshus having conversations, their constant bickering at each other , their bonding overall.
Nicholus Schroeder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholus-schroeder.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Nicholus Schroeder »

My favorite scene is Meldorath's siege on the castle of Hillport. Reading about a mage who defeated some many soldiers without any incantations or movement of his body gave me goose bumps.
Sarrikoziol
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarrikoziol.html
Latest Review: House of Cuts by June Gillam

Post by Sarrikoziol »

Justjaal_ wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 00:20 I can say that I loved every scene in which Galen appeared (I loved him), but my favorite one was definitely the one where Galen and Rowan met Demetrius. It was rivalry at first sight between Rowan and Demetrius and I loved the imbuer's sarcasm. :lol: :lol:

But I really liked that even with his great job and unique personality, he decided to go to Magnum Caleum with Galen, saying that everybody feels an urge to protect him :D.

What do you think? What was your favorite moment in the book?
I laughed so hard during this portion of the book. I am not even sure it was really supposed to be that funny. However, it reminded me of my husband and my teenager. It was like having two sarcastic people collide. I loved it.
Misguided angel means bad with good intentions
Swollen Members
iammiape
Favorite Author: Jacob Emrey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iammiape.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 10640

Post by iammiape »

Justjaal_ wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 00:20 I can say that I loved every scene in which Galen appeared (I loved him), but my favorite one was definitely the one where Galen and Rowan met Demetrius. It was rivalry at first sight between Rowan and Demetrius and I loved the imbuer's sarcasm. :lol: :lol:

But I really liked that even with his great job and unique personality, he decided to go to Magnum Caleum with Galen, saying that everybody feels an urge to protect him :D.

What do you think? What was your favorite moment in the book?
Mine was when Demetrius agreed to do his job as an imbuer in Galen's home. I just knew there's a bond that will form.
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 806
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: When Black Shoes Turn Red by Tom McKenna
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

There are many wonderful scenes in the book to choose from. One of my favourites was the magical battle on Lorcia's Isle between Captain Barcaedi, with his soldiers and mages on one side, and Lord Meldorath and his team on the other. This scene was mind-blowing. I remember how the whole structure (where Meldorath was kept captive) came undone and was engulfed by the vortex! And the ensuing carnage was heart-breaking.
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

All the scenes where Rowan and Galen are together are my favorite. Their interactions are funny and I enjoyed their banter.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”