What was your favorite scene from the book?

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
Peggy911
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peggy911.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Re: What was your favorite scene from the book?

Post by Peggy911 »

My best scene was every scene that had Galen appear in it especially when Galen and Rowan bribed the miner to give them information. Galen was too generous while Rowan was angry concerning his friend guileless.
Budhal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-budhal.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Budhal »

All scenes where Rowan and Demetrius were present, have to be my favorite. I just loved reading these two characters and there banter. Their scenes were full of humor and sarcasm.
What isn't said is as important as what is said.
D3R3ZZ3D
Currently Reading: Star Wars
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-d3r3zz3d.html
Latest Review: Blessed in the Midst of the Storm by Monique Lynelle

Post by D3R3ZZ3D »

Oh, this is a difficult choice to make because every time Rowan is in a scene, he steals the show. I especially liked where Galen and Rowan leave the mine and give a wave to the mage as they attempt to depart without seeming suspicious. It's little moments like these that make me laugh out loud while reading the book.
Numbers 6:24-26
Zechariah 4:6
luchi123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchi123.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by luchi123 »

I liked the Galen, Rowan, and Demetrius scenes too. I do want to know the outcome of their interactions.
Kazak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kazak.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Kazak »

I loved the one in which the Mianoran agents are sending messages about Riva to Soulhire. So, just as they're about ready to return home the doors burst open and Bawler, this large man with a sledgehammer, walks in. And he's like, "I see you there, Midius Maido," and the rest of his line was equally tough sounding. Then he ends up having to take every one of those Mianoran agents out with his cool ability.

I know that the whole door crushing that agent in two part was kind of gruesome, but I can't help seeing the whole meeting as really interesting.
Abi_kanda
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abi-kanda.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Abi_kanda »

My favourite scene was from the sixth book, when Demetrius, Rowan and the others talked to(what was his name again?) that dead thing. I forgot it's name but it had a great sense of humuor and I found myself wishing it were alive.
Prudence Emillian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerrypru.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Prudence Emillian »

Hi Justjaal_, that was definitely a great moment. However, my favourite scene would have to be when Demetrius and Rowan were talking when Galen went to sleep. It was touching because despite the rivalry between them and their differences, they both were able to agree on one matter; that Galen is a great guy and is one of the rare good guys.
Kaitlin Licato
Currently Reading: Shakespeare's Guide to Parenting
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlin-licato.html
Latest Review: The Sylvan Horn by Robert Redinger

Post by Kaitlin Licato »

I actually liked the part towards the end where Beverly is the only one left standing and she basically "greets" Meldorath. I just feel like it clears up so much of what has happened. It doesn't really give answers, but it does give distinct possibilities. She describes him as a virus, getting inside her and so on. It only confirms what happened with the town turning on Lord Orlin and the children "recollecting" the things that he did to them via dreams. It was really eye opening in general.

I also liked when Meldorath utterly destroyed the troops. I know he's the bad guy, and I did feel for the captain, but it was pretty awesome. All of his "fight" scenes were amazing.
Thoto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thoto.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Thoto »

I enjoyed every scene where the three guys were in it together. The sarcastic comments between Rowan and Demetrius made quite an enjoyable read.
houligan19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houligan19.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by houligan19 »

My favorite scene was the one with the Riva Rohavi. Without giving it away, the details in this unique scene give it such intense feeling, that even though it was not a happy scene, it was my favorite. I love they way it was done....
Ashley-Osuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-osuna.html
Latest Review: The Pilgrim Bride by Pilar Cerón Durán

Post by Ashley-Osuna »

My favorite scenes were those that showcased Lord Eldus and his family, I really liked it when they got to their new home and started exploring the history and the rooms. Plus, I loved the interacion between the children of Lord Eldus, they had a good sibling bond.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I enjoyed Galen's reaction to the depiction of God on the chantry ceiling. The description of the painting and his reaction to seeing it for the first time were moving.
Alyssa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alyssa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by Alyssa »

I enjoyed when Galen and his friends were in in the mine but my favourite would have to be just Galen on the boat. All his hope was so beautifully on display as he listened to the man telling stories.
Jabril Miller
Currently Reading: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-12ultimate.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Jabril Miller »

The final fight scene was investive to read, albeit in a strange, disturbing sort of fashion (with the potentially inebriated, hip-thrusting warriors being both hilarious in visualization, and terrifying because of the aforementioned combined with their brutal efficiency), and since the book didn't process with me fully on the first read, it was sufficient to make me stop and question what I'd just witnessed, which in and of itself is (to me, at least), the mark of a good scene.
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Mariana Figueira »

My favorite was when the girl/woman entered from Caromentis to the physical world, and all of the explanation of how she felt. It's something like I've never seen
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”